Talk

Advanced search

to be upset with my DH about a mouse!

(5 Posts)
Justforlaughs Sun 09-Jun-13 13:05:06

A bit lighthearted, but we found a nest of mice (family, complete with both mum and a whole litter of babies being fed by mum) in our garage a couple of weeks ago. Now, I am not so much of an animal lover that I was prepared to let them carry on living n my garage, but neither did I want to be responsible for them dying. Compromise, keep them for until the babies were weaned and then release them into the wild together. When my DH took them to the local nature reserve I didn't know that he had actually let the mother escape back into the garage before he left. He them released the babies on their own, came back and set a humane trap for the mother, who he is going to release this afternoon. I know that the chances of any of them surviving might not be that great, but AIBU to think that after the effort we had put into keeping them together and alive he could have waited another day before releasing the babies?

hiddenhome Sun 09-Jun-13 13:31:26

Yes, he should have planned it more carefully.

Justforlaughs Sun 09-Jun-13 13:38:06

grin thanks hiddenhome, that's what I thought! wink

Branleuse Sun 09-Jun-13 13:38:40

maybe you should have sorted it out yourself then?

fluckered Sun 09-Jun-13 13:45:18

while i admire what you were trying to do if you were that passionate about it perhaps you should have done it yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now