Talk

Advanced search

to think he should do more

(6 Posts)
teambluemummy Sun 02-Jun-13 10:51:26

me and OH have been together for almost 5 years now - he has never really been that domesticated and has always favoured sleep over early mornings. (is definatly a mummys boy!)

since weve had our LO he has hardly helped at all. he is starting his own business and therefore im responsible for all the finances. im on maternity leave and happy to do the chores and love looking after our LO. but he does no housework - leaves his washing everywhere, doesnt cook or wash up and avoids it like the plauge!

he does one feed before bed when he comes in from work but thats all ans stays in bed all morning if he doesnt have work or goes in the PM.

am I being unreasonable to think he should help out a bit more? I mean I pay for everything, clean everything, cook everything and pretty much completley look after LO on my own.

this morning LO was up at half 5 and so have I and he is still in bed now ..
rant over!

Montybojangles Sun 02-Jun-13 11:22:23

Why are you putting up with that? Ask the lazy fecker who does he think should care for his LO on weekends and before 8am/after 5pm, as from now on you are going to just work office hours!!

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sun 02-Jun-13 11:29:58

You need to discuss it with him. Won't get anywhere until you do.

teambluemummy Sun 02-Jun-13 11:42:27

it has come up in discussions before as its really been bugging me but he seems to think that beacuse he is working and im not as such he shouldnt have to do as much as me - it makes me feel guilty that I am moaning about looking after my LO but a little bit of help wouldnt go a miss!

orangeandemons Sun 02-Jun-13 11:48:09

Well he sounds a waste of space. What exactly does he bring to the relationship?

You look after your dc, pay for everything and do everything. What does he do?

Montybojangles Sun 02-Jun-13 11:49:42

Dear god, stop feeling guilty and ask him when your time off is! Never, never ever if you carry on this way. Tell him you will take it in turns for a lie in on the weekend, tell him he will do x,y,z. Don't make it optional. Tell him he's being a lazy selfish pig and you are getting to the end of your tether.
Alternatively, next weekend when LO wakes you up, do a quick feed, get yourself dressed, wake up the lazy bastard, hand him child and then bugger off out for the day. Don't return until after bed time, and then ask him why dishes/laundry/cleaning hasn't been done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now