Talk

Advanced search

to ask for hair removal advice?!

(20 Posts)
Noideairrington Fri 31-May-13 17:51:07

Suddenly seem to be getting hairy, is it old age? Anyway, your advice needed please on best way to remove hair sprouting from face, especially tache and some nose hair. Sorry, disgusting I know. Can't afford laser so really needs to be DIY stuff. Or should I just drink more gin and ignore it all? Recommendations please.

Sleepgrumpydopey Fri 31-May-13 17:58:05

Threading. Very cheap and good results.

HoneyStepMummy Fri 31-May-13 18:00:50

Not at all disgusting! Nose hair- get a trimmer. They're pretty cheap and it'll last you a lifetime.
Facial- if it's the odd chin hair then pluck. Over the lip- wax. Cheapest way is to do it at home. I have sugar wax which doesn't require any strips. If the hair is short you might want to try bleaching instead. Before I did laser hair removal I used to bleach but would use half the suggested amount.
I did laser hair removal for just upper lip about 4 years and go and am very happy with the results. I plan on doing my 'pits too this winter.

bonzo77 Fri 31-May-13 18:04:50

Home wax my lip with veet strips. Nose I do with DH 's trimmer, or tweezers if feeling brave.

Noideairrington Fri 31-May-13 19:49:40

Thank you all. I've done the bleaching thing but as I'm really dark it just looks weird, bit like having Boris Johnson's hair attached to my upper lip. So it's gotta go, I'll give the wax strips a try first. Anyone been brave enough to wax the nose hair or is that a recipe for having a nose like rudolf?

LifeofPo Fri 31-May-13 19:50:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Noideairrington Fri 31-May-13 19:56:11

Just about to turn 37 - how did that happen! Would you mind if I asked what sort of investment Life?

LifeofPo Fri 31-May-13 19:58:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Noideairrington Fri 31-May-13 20:01:21

Thanks Life. I'm a SAHM at the moment so money is a bit tight but definitely something to think about for the future. I can just imagine DH's face when he sees the 90 quid bill to sort my tache, he would laugh his head off I think as cant see why I am bothered - v sweet of him but I think he may be losing his eyesight grin

Hubb Fri 31-May-13 20:15:46

Threading is excellent for facial hair and you can learn to do it yourself, all you need is cotton thread, and its a lot less harsh than waxing in my opinion. Nose wise I trim with scissors, think a trimmer is a great idea though will be a lot quicker than snipping away.

WafflyVersatile Fri 31-May-13 20:38:19

I always get some little spots on my lip when I have it threaded.

saulaboutme Fri 31-May-13 22:44:34

I find a good cream but leave it maybe 4 mins longer than the recommended time, no longer than stated.. Either Veet or the Avon one specifically for facial hair.

don't go down the shaving road, cream, wax, thread or laser. On a tight budget as we'll.
Don't worry, you'll feel so much better when it's gone.
Nasal hair, timmers are so cheap and effective.

Purplehonesty Fri 31-May-13 22:48:07

Does the hair removal cream leave stubble or does it grow back darker?
I bleached mine and now it too looks very odd!

minibmw2010 Fri 31-May-13 22:54:19

Threading except for upper lip and around mouth. Always get terrible spots and actually have scars around my mouth now, disappointing

saulaboutme Sat 01-Jun-13 00:43:18

It grows back softer with the cream. I think it depends in the individual but generally yes.
Go for it and treat yourself to a new lipstick. Feels so good.

Noideairrington Sat 01-Jun-13 13:43:00

I have taken the plunge today and used Nair facial wax strips - all gone and feeling good about it! Just hoping the regrowth won't look too obvious and that wax really will work on v short hairs when it comes back. Nose stuff, I shall invest in some trimmers I think. Thanks again all.

karinaselander Tue 04-Jun-13 12:32:21

I have taken a course on cosmetic laser training so i know for sure that laser is the best way to remove facial hair. Other methods are just temporary.But since you said that its not affordable I guess you should be going to a beauty parlor to get it waxed. Its the 'facial' hair so you need to be extra careful. Make sure that the DIY method that you choose is safe enough before using.

Fakebook Tue 04-Jun-13 12:36:39

Threading is brilliant for facial hair. Cheap and quick. I don't like the veet strips as they don't remove hair very efficiently, so buy the cheapo ones from wilko. They do a better job IMO.

AnnOnaMaus Tue 04-Jun-13 12:51:19

This stuff is a bit pricey, but supposed to be good: http://getlippie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/bliss-fuzz-off-facial-hair-remover.html

AnnOnaMaus Tue 04-Jun-13 12:52:19

Sorry: getlippie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/bliss-fuzz-off-facial-hair-remover.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now