Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to feel a bit sorry for myself today?

(35 Posts)
FattyMcChubster Tue 28-May-13 17:34:07

It's my birthday today.
Not a major milestone one.
Only my mum, dad and DP have remembered.
Feel really sad about this.
sad

SPsCliffingAllOverMN Tue 28-May-13 17:35:36

Happy birthday.

Dont feel sad. Least the people that matter are there and remembered. I know the feeling though. No friends were around for my birthday last year. Most only remembered because of FB.

You doing anything for your birthday?

BabyStone Tue 28-May-13 17:36:17

Happy Birthday! wine brew thanks

thebody Tue 28-May-13 17:37:06

But surely the most important people have?

I wouldn't expect other relatives to make a fuss as I wouldn't be remembering theirs. Or friends to be honest.

thebody Tue 28-May-13 17:37:32

Oh and happy birthday xxx

PoppyWearer Tue 28-May-13 17:37:47

Happy Birthday! winethankswinethankswinethankswinethankswinethanks

FattyMcChubster Tue 28-May-13 17:38:19

Thank you.
Dp's not even here as he's away with work so it's me and dd (who's too small to even know)
I'm planning on plenty of wine and cake to cheer myself up!

Thingymajigs Tue 28-May-13 17:38:44

Don't worry I think it would be the same for most people without FB. I don't use social networks anymore so I just get cards from my mum, dad and dp/kids too, oh and maybe my brother if he's prompted.
Happy Birthday! smile thanks

wibblyjelly Tue 28-May-13 17:38:54

happy birthday thanks

FattyMcChubster Tue 28-May-13 17:39:52

I'm just a bit sad my friends didn't remember. I always try really hard to make an effort for theirs and I guess I just feel a bit sad they havn't.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Tue 28-May-13 17:40:27

Happy Birthday! wine wine
At least your DH remembered, that's a good start.
Have a fabulous day!

Boosiehs Tue 28-May-13 17:40:36

Happy birthday! flowers wine

gallifrey Tue 28-May-13 17:42:00

Happy Birthday from me xxx

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 28-May-13 17:42:14

Nobody remembers mine. DP will, if I remind him enough in the days before.

Happy birthday though, OP. I'm sorry that your friends didn't remember. They'll feel horrid when they realise.

I hope you've had a lovely day flowers

TrinityRhino Tue 28-May-13 17:44:14

flowers for you

Happy Birthday to you

not unreasonable to feel sorry for yourself

chin up smile

lizzypuffs Tue 28-May-13 17:47:17

Happy birthday! It's quality not quantity. ..at least that's what I tell myself! Enjoy your wine and cake.

Veryunsure Tue 28-May-13 17:51:33

Happy Birthday! It's nice to feel special on a day that's meant to be about you! Sorry you feel a bit shit. winewinethanks

FattyMcChubster Tue 28-May-13 17:52:35

Ah thank you all!
Plenty of wine if anyone else cares to join me!smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 28-May-13 17:53:57

Fatty don't be sad...we've all been there....have a lovely birthday on your own with cake and wine and we're all sending you good birthday vibes! flowers

LittleMissLucy Tue 28-May-13 17:56:54

Birthdays, I honestly believe are for children to celebrate with each other and their families. Adults shouldn't be making a fuss about themselves. I just find it grossly self-indulgent and embarrassing. I know this isn't a popular opinion, though.

storytopper Tue 28-May-13 17:58:23

Happy birthday! All of the really important people remembered - and you may find you get a few belated cards and presents when your friends catch up - especially if you put a message on Facebook thanking those who did remember wink

FattyMcChubster Tue 28-May-13 17:58:40

Ah thanks little miss. That's exactly what I needed today you little ray of light.

McNewPants2013 Tue 28-May-13 18:04:15

Try having a birthday in December smile

Happy birthday

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Tue 28-May-13 18:08:34

Well littlemisslucy, I for one love being a little self indulgent, it is after all only one day a year.
I like getting cards and gifts and being spoiled. Goodness knows I don't get treated like that for the rest of the year.
I make a fuss of my kids, making sure they get nice gifts and have a lovely day, so why shouldn't they make a fuss of me? A handmade card and a cuppa in bed, self indulgent? yes maybe, well deserved? Definitely wink

friendlymum67 Tue 28-May-13 18:12:23

Happy Birthday!! flowers I always make a huge fuss on other people's birthdays in the hope it may be reciprocated but always find mine a bit of a let down.

Have cake, wine, choc and cuddles with DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now