Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have done this!?

(14 Posts)
lulu6867 Tue 28-May-13 17:30:20

About two years ago after a bit of a family row, I flatly refused to fold up my 18 and 20 year old DC washing since then I have thrown it in a pile and left it for them to iron fold and put away. Today however, I inadvertently ironed and folded 2 mahoosive piles of their washing whilst dreaming of the return of my husband from his travels at the end of this week. When I realised I had done this I couldn't stop myself UNFOLDING it all and throwing it in a pile for them to take away when they get in from work. AIBU and am I just a bit mad?!! Just had to share that as my DH is away and not answering my text of the same story, maybe he is not interested!

HeySoulSister Tue 28-May-13 17:32:33

I have done similar!!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 28-May-13 17:32:35

Oooh, difficult one. It's what I'd do, so I want to say yanbu, but it was a bit daft to have wasted all that energy. <sits on fence>

WannaBeANinja Tue 28-May-13 17:32:50

the row was 2 years ago???
boy you can hold a grudge smile

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 28-May-13 17:32:54

Erm...

Well, I can see why your husband hasn't responded!

I understand that you've not done their ironing for two years because of a family row, and that's absolutely fine. Your choice. But to unfold it all and throw it on the floor seems very odd. Not only does it negate the time you spent doing it, but it seems so....aggressive.

If you feel better for it, though, YANBU. Just a bit (completely) bizarre.

usualsuspect Tue 28-May-13 17:33:02

You sound a bit mad to me.

What a waste of energy.

gallifrey Tue 28-May-13 17:33:17

that's quite funny!
Reminds me of years ago when I was with my ex he ironed a load of his own stuff but left mine and didn't iron it. I was so pissed off I went upstairs and pulled all his freshly ironed shirts of the hangers and screwed them up then shoved them in a pile under the bed!!

usualsuspect Tue 28-May-13 17:35:10

I don't understand how you didn't notice you were ironing their clothes.

thebody Tue 28-May-13 17:35:14

God you sound far far too young to have kids that age.

I know they can be maddening as I have them that age but not sure you are displaying a mature attitude here.

Still your post is funny

Caitycat Tue 28-May-13 17:35:15

Hmm not sure, it depends on their attitude now. Is this a good opportunity to talk to them and discuss an equal share of labour around the house, perhaps they do another job in return or you each take it in turn to do everyone's washing. If they are still behaving badly perhaps yanbu...

Footface Tue 28-May-13 17:35:35

My stepson asked why his clothes hadn't come back from the wash yet ( he was late teens) massive row and I said I'd never do his washing again. I never have.

I would have un folded the washing aswell! Bit petty but hey it's all about the principle

lulu6867 Tue 28-May-13 17:40:48

Exactly Footface, I cannot let them win! They would think that they had got one over on me if i had left it folded. they have already said I am really soft when Dad is away as we had 2 takeaways last week! I am sure I did notice I was ironing it just in a complete dream world and once I came round I had to sort it!!

thebody Tue 28-May-13 17:43:35

I think it would have been funny to see your face when you realised.

And then the subsequent trashing.

Jux Tue 28-May-13 18:04:25

As they are both earning, they could pay for an ironing service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now