Talk

Advanced search

To want a life

(5 Posts)
Tromie Mon 27-May-13 20:29:01

Im feeling a bit rubbish at the minute, I seem to be spending all my time in work and its doing my head in. For the last few weeks I've been doing afternoon shifts so im stuck waiting around to start and can't do anything.

I've had one day off since the 15th and my next isn't until Friday and im really struggling with it all to be honest. Its not hard work, its just mentally draining.

I've got a week off at the end of June but it seems like a very long way off.

Right now I'm getting up about 11, leaving for work at 2 and getting home about 10.30. Im up until the early hours then because I just can't unwind.

I just want some me time!

Shallistopnow Mon 27-May-13 20:32:45

You need to find a way to unwind & get to bed earlier so you can get up earlier & get more done in the morning. How old are your children?

ShellyBoobs Mon 27-May-13 21:12:46

I used to work shifts some years ago, Tromie.

You're feeling the same as most people doing them, I think.

The only thing I can suggest is trying to get to bed a little earlier when you come home but I do understand it's hard to wind down when you're thinking, 'I must go to bed and sleep, now!'.

What do you do to unwind after work?

maddening Mon 27-May-13 22:33:44

I think you need to find a quick post work wind-down technique so you get to bed earlier and subsequently wake earlier - if you were up at 8am then you would have several you hours to get things done before work or go for coffee or lunch with friends or the gym etc before work and then on your days off would be more in line with the rest of the world body clock wise.

look maybe at relaxation CDs - if you can be asleep by midnight then you would have 8 hours sleep easy and possibly have more productive mornings/days

Tromie Tue 28-May-13 09:42:56

I don't do anything major. I'll have a shower, a bowl of cereal and then I'll be off to bed. I might watch something for half hour but mostly I'll read.

I'm up early this morning but that's only because I'm in work a bit earlier.

I need to find a 9-5 job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now