Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to feel that modt BGT acts are a bit rubbish?

(14 Posts)
SoleSource Mon 27-May-13 20:01:18

They can do waay better than I could and I enjoy some acts.

Footface Mon 27-May-13 20:29:07

Yanbu, I think we've seen all the talent Britain has to offer and call it a day!

marjproops Mon 27-May-13 20:52:25

I only ever watched half of the very 1st series and ive always wondered if this is supposed to be to find an act to perform in front of the Queen why do stripper type axe grinding people go on and also its supposed to be a family show?

bailo Mon 27-May-13 20:53:39

Most people with genuine talent wouldn't lower themselves to appearing on that shite programme.

saintmerryweather Mon 27-May-13 20:53:47

am just watching tonights episode, watching the first bloke ballroom dancing very very badly with a broomstick i have to agree with you

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Mon 27-May-13 20:54:00

YABU

They are ALL shite. Watching tonight for the first time this series and the standard is dire.

gordyslovesheep Mon 27-May-13 20:55:43

you are missing the bigger picture ...BGT is actually shite - stop watching it!

mummymeister Mon 27-May-13 21:03:21

Agree with gordy. it is all about ritual humiliation and nothing to do with finding new talent. looking at the last winner a dancing dog - theres a natural end to this act in a couple of years if as longs as that. it used to be new and exciting. now its hackneyed obviously fixed and way past its sell by date. simon cowell has seen his bubble burst and its time for us all to move on to something that is entertaining.

Ilovemyself Mon 27-May-13 21:42:09

I can't say they are all crap. The singers were good, and the dance act weren't bad.

Yes, the auditions are wrong, and the guy dancing with the broom was rubbish, but the rest were reasonable at worst and very good in some cases

CloudsAndTrees Mon 27-May-13 21:43:25

But those singing brothers are so lovely!

SoleSource Mon 27-May-13 21:47:22

Sparkly.moustache! smile

SarahAndFuck Mon 27-May-13 22:00:39

I loved the sparkly moustache, but I'm not convinced they were singing in time to each other.

I'm quite glad the multi-coloured dance group have just been voted off though, it's all very much been done before.

That said, so have cute little girl singers and unexpected opera boys.

But I'm not a fan of stage school dance troops so the singers had it for me.

I wanted that silent magic man to go through. I was fascinated by his eyebrows.

everythinghippie29 Mon 27-May-13 22:05:14

My friend El Lurchio was on this season. He pulled a cart, with people riding on it, by a chain, attached to a long sword which he had swallowed.

As such I'm a little biased and have to say there is SOME talent in it this year. wink

shallweshop Mon 27-May-13 22:06:53

Think you are being a bit U. I think the 11 year old girl, the extreme stunt man and the brothers at the end were all pretty good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now