Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think DH is a complete tool for bringing a turtle home?

(39 Posts)
putyourhatonsweetie Mon 27-May-13 11:26:05

DH has brought a turtle home, informed me that DD can pop it into school to show her class, and then he'll release it back where he found it.

We are trying to raise our children to be kind, with respect for all living things, and he has brought home a wild animal....I want to throttle him.....Am I being a joyless harpy or am i right in thinking that is this totally unacceptable?

Rainbowinthesky Mon 27-May-13 11:28:31

Eh? He had randomly picked up a stray turtle for your dd to take into school. Does he have form for stuff like this?

Rainbowinthesky Mon 27-May-13 11:28:56

Has not had.

squeakytoy Mon 27-May-13 11:30:42

are you in the UK?

Sparklingbrook Mon 27-May-13 11:31:03

What about the baby turtles? sad Maybe it's their Mum? Take it back now and LTB.

putyourhatonsweetie Mon 27-May-13 11:31:09

I can't think he has done anything like this before....seems bonkers to me...why didn't he leave the thing where it was? baffled!

putyourhatonsweetie Mon 27-May-13 11:31:39

nope not in the UK

tametortie Mon 27-May-13 11:35:35

I love the way 'LTB' crops up!!

crazeelaydee Mon 27-May-13 11:38:41

Ha ha really? a turtle??? My DH is a bit like that but he has yet to bring a turtle home! It appears to be a man thing wink spontaneous acts of kindness which seems completely ridiculous to us ladies. Tell him take it back and stop being a tool! Tell him your Dd will be happy taking in a toy or a book instead.

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 27-May-13 11:39:05

Take it back.

Honestly, it needs to go back where he found it. There could be babies that will die otherwise, and even if there is not, the turtle being gone for a few hours can be enough for it to be rejected from the social group.

It'll be confused and unhappy at being caught, and away from its territory. Turtles are very good at hiding fear and illness until it's too late, or requires drastic action. Exotic vets cost a fortune.

putyourhatonsweetie Mon 27-May-13 11:44:04

Thank you so much was beginning to wonder if it was me thinking he was being a complete WANKER.

I once came home to squeals of excitement coming from the direction of my ((poky)) yard, opened the gate and was met with dp and dd stood amongst what seemed like dozens of frogs hopping about the place......t'was like a scene from exodus hmm

He was sent of packing with his tail between his legs and frogs tucked under his arm after revealing their plans for the frogs......they were to live in the paddling pool. He ALSO tried to blame 3yo dd. (( she made him do it ))

Mind you, I should have seen it coming, this was the man who when dd was still in hospital went out for baby milk one day and came back with a lizard. No milk, but a lizard. hmm

MalcolmTuckersMum Mon 27-May-13 11:48:24

What Caja said. Please please get him to return it to where he found it.

ExitPursuedByABear Mon 27-May-13 11:50:07

Very jealous of the turtle. How big is it?

catgirl1976 Mon 27-May-13 11:51:52

YANBU

Poor turtle.

Tortoise Mon 27-May-13 11:52:04

Take a photo of it that she can take to school then put it back where it was.

putyourhatonsweetie Mon 27-May-13 11:52:43

bit bigger than my hand... and will be the subject of a row as soon as he returns from football

Saski Mon 27-May-13 12:03:57

Do you mean tortoise?

How in the world does a turtle or tortoise survive in the UK?

putyourhatonsweetie Mon 27-May-13 12:07:04

not in the UK

hiddenhome Mon 27-May-13 12:07:08

Poor thing sad

Take a few photos then return to where it came from.

Labootin Mon 27-May-13 12:14:08

My next door neighbour used to have a lion cub.... He donated it to a local zoo (in the ME when it got too big. .. The big cat enclosures have about 20 lions in a relatively small zoo its obviously a popular thing here)

He now has peacocks that escape over his wall into our garden (I suppose its better to have to shoo away a bird than a lion)

SybilRamkin Mon 27-May-13 12:19:03

grin grin at Apocalypse

SybilRamkin Mon 27-May-13 12:19:29

Oh, and YANBU, obviously!

NannySunshine Mon 27-May-13 12:22:40

What a complete idiot.

I'm glad you aren't going to let this lie - but, if he'd been here he would not have been going to the bloody football before he returned the turtle to its home - and prayed like hell it was accepted back sad

I'd be seriously asking myself what I was doing with someone so bloody thick.

CloudsAndTrees Mon 27-May-13 12:44:00

Turtles live in the sea. Are you sure it's not a tortoise? What sort of feet does it have?

Either way, it's exceptionally cruel and any child that brought a wild animal into our class would do nothing but spark a talk about how we shouldn't remove wild animals from their natural habitat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now