Talk

Advanced search

To not know what to do with myself. Opinions gratefully received

(5 Posts)
tak1ngchances Mon 27-May-13 11:20:05

Posting in AIBU as i need a kick up the bum.
Am currently sitting in my PJ's under a blanket looking out a the nice day. I cannot decide whether to haul my ass out from under the blanket and do something, or stay here feeling sorry for myself.
Background: I have endometriosis and my period is here. V heavy and painful. We are TTC and I hoped to be pregnant this month as we "did everything right". I also have anxiety and started meds 3 months ago. They are amazing and I've been out & about all weekend. I'm just v tired but I know sitting under a blanket on a sunny day is not very good.
Also I need to buy a housewarming present for my friend as I'm going for dinner in her new place this evening.

What to do, what to doooo. Should I a) stay under the blanket and put a box set on, b) get into the shower and get dressed and see if I feel any better or is there an option c?

Merci Mumsnetters

manicinsomniac Mon 27-May-13 11:23:03

I think either option a or option b would be fine. You might feel better if you did something but on the other hand, maybe you're under the weather, over tired, a little down and actually need a duvet day, regardless of the weather.

How about sitting out in the garden with a book and a cold drink instead?

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 27-May-13 11:24:12

Try half way... Have a shower and get dressed, then decide. I find I am more likely to lounge on the sofa before getting dressed, and have more motivation once I'm dressed. Nothing stopping you watching a box set after you're dressed if that's what you feel like but I suspect once you're up and about you'll feel more like enjoying the sunshine

tak1ngchances Mon 27-May-13 11:25:48

I wish I had a garden, that would be perfect...I live in a flat in London. But yes, I'll have a shower and see how I feel. Thank you for being gentle flowers

MrsWolowitz Mon 27-May-13 11:27:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now