Talk

Advanced search

To hide her toys?

(6 Posts)
HerrenaHarridan Mon 27-May-13 10:41:00

In just so fucking sick of picking them up!

Not all her toys, just the blocks, she still has hundreds of toys.

I'm usually very relaxed about kids making mess and being allowed to play but I have just snapped and taken the blocks away. Now I feel like a mean mum but they don't even play with them, they literally turn the tub over and empty them out then crawl off an do something else. Then they repeatedly travel through the pile spreading them everywhere and getting pissed when they can't push the trucks though them. Then I stand on them and hurt myself.

The blocks were my favourite as a kid as I feel so horrible.

Aibu? Should I give them back?

baskingseals Mon 27-May-13 10:47:01

Yanbu.

Of course you can do this. It is fine.

HerrenaHarridan Mon 27-May-13 10:50:15

Thank you! grin

I needed that. I keep telling myself she's not even playing with them but still feel guilty depriving her of her blocks hmm

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 27-May-13 10:50:37

don't make a fuss about taking stuff away, but yes of course reduce to manageable levels. If they are creating, wanting them back then yes give back today but sneak the blocks away tonight.

put stuff away, garage/attic, rotate every few months

see if you feel strong enough (HAHA!) to start a tidy-up regime - if the child/ren want something else out they need to essay tidying up/putting away that which they are playing with currently. This takes time, you need to model tidy-up, encourage them to help yadda yadda.

Plod on, my dear

Clearlymisunderstood Mon 27-May-13 10:50:58

My dd's blocks are hidden too. Not in the mood for picking them up today!

HerrenaHarridan Mon 27-May-13 10:55:33

We do a tidy up routine before bed but she's only 16mo.

She seems to think the only reason to put the blocks away is to empty them back out!

I have tried to reduce the sheer volume of toys but every time my mum visits she buys every noisy toy she can find in the local charity shops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now