Talk

Advanced search

csa, ex partner and lies

(4 Posts)
singlemammy Sun 26-May-13 22:20:25

Myself and xp haven't been together since march 2012
Yesterday i recieve a letter from csa stating i am paid £5 a week from xp jsa paid in to a joint account. Taking in to account csa never paid straight away plus xp had an incident where he went on sick for over 3 months so wasn't in his terms " able to pay". So i go on the hunt for my bank account to realise it expired in nov 12.
I have asked how much is in the account and he tells my theres nothing so from around about august 2012 he has taken the childrens csa and stolen the new bank card. I'm fuming and unsure what to do

manticlimactic Sun 26-May-13 22:39:59

Why was it paid into a joint account? Cancel the card and tell the csa to put it in your bank account.

HollyBerryBush Sun 26-May-13 22:51:29

Wouldn't you have to furnish the CSA with your preferred payment details?

Joint accounts are just that - joint - any money in them is fair game to whomsoever gets to it first.

IneedAsockamnesty Mon 27-May-13 00:33:51

You write to the csa enclosing evidence of your lack of access to the account. And hope they sort it.

But your supposed to give them the acc details for payments to go to they don't just randomly pick an account.

Unless he's saying he's paid you directly without there involvement in that case as long as you prove you don't even have the card for that acc had no knowledge of any payments or any intention to make any payments I.e he at no time asked you for acc details them you will probably be ok because he will have committed fraud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now