Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to panic buy gallons of wrinkle cream?

(6 Posts)
NishiNoUsagi Sun 26-May-13 19:47:18

Lovely Ds1 (3) just told me I was very beautiful. When i'd finished laughing with shock I thanked him and said my face was quite tired and sad, so i was happy to hear that. He then peered at my face and agreed that actually, yes, it was all tired and grey and wrinkly, and he would have to get a new mummy now. Although she would have to wear my t shirt. Off to bulk buy wrinkle cream before I get dropped for a younger model then..

Hmm. Would I be unreasonable to threaten to trade him in for a quieter model with a properly functioning "tidy up" gland? <narrows eyes threateningly in ds1's direction>

mummydarkling Sun 26-May-13 19:58:20

YABU he is adorable grin

pollywollydoodle Sun 26-May-13 20:05:55

you ABU ...you should have taken your compliment graciously smile

SoleSource Sun 26-May-13 20:08:08

Yabu creams do not work!

NishiNoUsagi Mon 27-May-13 00:04:14

Nooo! So I'm destined to be saggy and wrinkly and chucked in the bin by my (yes, completely adorable) son? sad

I'm sure he was only telling me I was beautiful so I'd give him a biscuit, but next time I will just enjoy the compliment no matter how far off the mark it is, I'm more zombie than beauty and give him a cuddle and a biscuit. A bit like pavlovian training.. grin

LittleMissLucy Mon 27-May-13 00:14:28

Drink water it is better. What you put in not on etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now