Talk

Advanced search

To think that hate preachers of any religion should be dealt with as hard as possible

(12 Posts)
Ilovemyself Sun 26-May-13 14:54:03

Is it wrong to think that anyone who preaches hatred and calls for the murder of others are taking Gree speech to far?

CrapsWithBears Sun 26-May-13 14:58:05

I'm pretty sure they are dealt with harshly. hmm Inciting people to murder is not treated as free speech AFAIK.

Ilovemyself Sun 26-May-13 15:00:11

But those that campaign for people to be killed or support them seem Ti be allowed to preach their hatred

CrapsWithBears Sun 26-May-13 15:05:25

Omar Bakri is a hate speech Cleric banned from England, we're fighting to deport Abu Qatada, Muslims Against Crusades a terrorist hate group qho preached violence banned. Dr Zakir Naik. Hate speech Cleric banned from England. The WBC are banned from England.

You can't punish people for supporting them, that'd be a thought crime.

CrapsWithBears Sun 26-May-13 15:06:07

I'm pretty sure we take it seriously.

Ilovemyself Sun 26-May-13 16:06:48

But why are people allowed to march chanting death to British soldiers and death to non believers?

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 26-May-13 16:10:59

Because it is a Policing nightmare. They will have filmed the marches. They may deal with people afterwards. They don't rush in and arrest people in a march. That is how riots happen and their first duty is to protect people from violence.

I have marched and people have shouted vile things around me. They weren't arrested either.

thebody Sun 26-May-13 16:47:08

Think Mes Terry makes good points.

BabooshkaBabooshka Sun 26-May-13 17:50:28

What about Anjem Choudhary? The 2 killers were at a lot of his rallys and meetings. Unfortunately he is British so cannot be deported but it really irks me that he is living off money provided to him by the infidels he hates so much.

I hope they really do crack down on him and his ilk.

toiletbrush Sun 26-May-13 18:02:59

It was sickening watching Anjem Choudry on Newsnight last week. Refusing point blank to condemn the killing of Lee Rigby.

topsyandturvy Sun 26-May-13 21:30:06

I think Anjam Choudry is being an idiot.

Did you manage to sit through the entire segment?

Because he does actually say clearly that he things the murder was not permitted in Islam (ie, he didnt say this bit, but that means he would consider it despicable, disgusting, hateful etc).

But instead of coming out and saying that straight up like the others, he is trying to make his political point (which is not an unreasonable one) and appears to have absolutely no regard to the impact his word dodging is going to have on people who listen to him.

Idiot

TrucksAndDinosaurs Sun 26-May-13 21:35:34

Anjem Choudary is an idiot.
A useful idiot from the security services's point of view.
<taps nose>

It is easier to catch and identify flies with sticky fly paper...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now