Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not want to listen to my neighbours dog..

(17 Posts)
Korovaj Sat 25-May-13 19:13:31

Bark, almost continuously, for four fucking hours!!!!

Korovaj Sat 25-May-13 19:15:17

The neighbours are in the garden having a party leaving te dog inside to bark. So I have a choice of staying in the house and listening to barky or going into the garden and listen to their inane 'conversation'.....

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 25-May-13 19:18:11

Yanbu but there's nothing you can do about it really.

ChoudeBruxelles Sat 25-May-13 20:21:57

No - i love animals but could quite cheerfully kill my next door neighrbours bloody yappy dog somethings

SoleSource Sat 25-May-13 20:23:45

Yanbu

I'd have to do something

GeorginaWorsley Sat 25-May-13 20:38:14

Have this all the time,man behind us 'rehomes' difficult dogs.
I believe you can report to enviromental health or something/

Thumbtack Sat 25-May-13 20:44:50

YANBU - but I'm kind of sad for the dog too.

ExitPursuedByABear Sat 25-May-13 20:46:41

Yep. Poor dog

Donnadoon Sun 26-May-13 06:27:21

Georgina the man behind you deserves a medal !

Meerkatwhiskers Sun 26-May-13 10:33:25

Poor dog. Our next door neighbours have 3 yappy little bloody dogs that are left out the garden to bark for ages at a time. They do my head in.

I have a dog and there is no way I'd let him bark like that. He barks at the postman but can't hear him much now as he's going a bit deaf.

quoteunquote Sun 26-May-13 10:41:53

Give them a print out of all the local dog trainers and behaviourists, and suggest they contact one.

It's very easily solved, the owners just have to implement the advice given.

The owners can't be bothered and are lazy, in denial about their responsibility to their dog.

VixZenFenchell Sun 26-May-13 10:42:11

Not unreasonable not to want to listen to a barking dog for hours. Poor dog though. Your neighbours are the unreasonable ones for a) chatting inanely and b) not inviting their own dog to their party.

Ours is the centre of attention at all of ours!

arabesque Sun 26-May-13 10:51:21

Even more annoying is when someone leaves their dog out barking in the garden all night; while they snore away at the front of the house leaving any unfortunate neighbours whose bedrooms overlook the back to lie awake all night fuming!

Pinkflipflop Sun 26-May-13 10:53:01

Do you like your neighbours? Do you like dogs? If so, could you go next door and offer to take the dog for a walk? They will definitely get the hint then!

toffeelolly Sun 26-May-13 11:58:51

YANBU. Know how you feel, mine have 2 lab's who bark all day when they are at work and they never bother to walk them. You wonder why some people get dog's.

TigerSwallowTail Sun 26-May-13 12:05:44

Yanbu, I'd be mortified if my dog had been barking for hours like that disturbing the neighbours. Is it a one off or does this happen quite a lot?

GeorginaWorsley Sun 26-May-13 21:56:47

Donna it is not appropriate,nor does he have permission,to run his'business' from a housing estate.
Also dog area not secure and dogs get out ,worrying when children around.
No problem with him rehoming dogs,just wish he did it elsewhere where it didnt imoact on neighbours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now