Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think DH is being insufferably smug...

(14 Posts)
MrsHelsBels74 Sat 25-May-13 18:54:47

DH thinks he knows everything. Some men over the road have been fixing an old car today & DH has been over the numerous times offering 'advice' etc. If he's not over there he's looking at the window & laughing at them.

Is he being smug or am I tired & grumpy (bearing in mind we had lots to do today & have barely achieved any of it). Now he's on the phone to his dad laughing at these poor guys apparent ineptitude. angry

hiddenhome Sat 25-May-13 19:00:03

sad that is smug

mynewpassion Sat 25-May-13 19:00:28

It depends. Does he know anything about fixing old cars? If he does, then yes, he can be a bit smug, though its not a good thing.

Sounds like he's procrastinating on doing things around the house and would rather discuss old cars.

Fairylea Sat 25-May-13 19:03:10

What do the guys reckon to his advice? Seems a bit much to just go over there and give it... Yanbu he sounds very smug !

Floggingmolly Sat 25-May-13 19:04:49

God, has he nothing else to do? hmm

McNewPants2013 Sat 25-May-13 19:06:27

Does he know how to fix old cars.

Startail Sat 25-May-13 19:07:21

Fortunately/unfortunately (delete as applicable depending on whether or not you need something fixed). I have both a very smug, but very capable DDad and an equally smug, practical and idiotically clever DH.

They are immensely useful, but very very annoying.

diddl Sat 25-May-13 19:12:30

He sounds awful-laughing at them??

He should just leave them to it & let them ask for help if they want it.

MrsHelsBels74 Sat 25-May-13 19:12:37

He knows a bit but doesn't do it professionally.

It's more the comments like 'it's taken those 3 all day to do something I could have done in a few hours' that have got me angry. He wasn't born knowing what to do after all.

TVTonight Sat 25-May-13 19:19:01

Maybe their time is being spent discussing the Tosser from Valley of The Squinting Windows

StuntGirl Sat 25-May-13 19:26:16

Just tell him to stop obsessing over something that has nothing to do with him and get own with what he's meant to be doing.

SquinkiesRule Sat 25-May-13 20:19:24

He is being smug.
Dh says "I could fix that!" as we drive past old cars needing restoration. Smug bastard, sadly he could do it too. I usually just mutter "idiot" under my breath.
Just to piss him off I say stuff like "I could do that", when we see odd things while out an about. It's turned into some sort of weird game now. Gets us giggling like kids.

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 25-May-13 20:37:40

"DH has been over the numerous times offering 'advice' etc. If he's not over there he's looking at the window & laughing at them."
I wouldn't describe that as insufferably smug - it's just plain old rude. Put's me in mind of that Harry Enfield character - Mr You-Don't-Want-Do-It-Like-That.

With a bit of luck they'll drop a big heavy wrench on his foot and he'll take the hint.

MrsHelsBels74 Sat 25-May-13 22:55:57

Sorry meant looking OUT the window not AT the window...still smug though.

They've finally completed whatever they were doing, hope that's the end of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now