Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why people go on The Apprentice.

(24 Posts)
Roary1 Sat 25-May-13 17:40:37

I would love £250k and a 50/50 partnership with someone who has a lot of business experience, but would I go on the Apprentice? Would I hell!
I do not get what possesses people to audition for the show. The contestants and put under sleep deprivation (1st task took 50 hours with no sleep). The tasks are not 1 or 2 days long as stated as apparently the production has to keep stopping and starting and camera crew have to get permission to film anyone the Apprentices speak to. They are put in groups with people in direct competition with them. They are edited to look as stupid as possible.
I know for a fact that after 50 hours sleep deprivation I would probably turn into a gibbering idiot.
These people have their whole careers ahead of them. Why go on national TV and destroy your credibility?
Makes great TV to watch though!

LaurieFairyCake Sat 25-May-13 17:42:15

Because people are dim as mince

Fake 'driven' business types are really, really dim as mince.

Roary1 Sat 25-May-13 17:49:23

I would not get though the audition anyway as I would not come up with daft statements like Luisa's classic "I have the brains of Einstein, the energy of a Duracell bunny and the sex appeal of Jessica Rabbit."

More like the energy of Einstein, the sex appeal of the Duracell bunny and the brains of Jessica Rabbit.

YellowDinosaur Sat 25-May-13 17:51:47

Because people are dim as mince

<snigger>

I agree. Although on balance many of then make mince look smart grin

deepfriedsage Sat 25-May-13 17:54:22

A lot of those people have huge egos. A few are creative types with little social common sence and a few have low self-esteem.

EstelleGetty Sat 25-May-13 17:54:27

I love the Apprentice. Especially because it teaches young people that being a twat in an iridescent suit who speaks corporate bullshit language is nothing to aspire to!

Roary1 Sat 25-May-13 17:55:17

I love it too

Sparklypinknails Sat 25-May-13 17:56:12

15 minutes of fame

alienbanana Sat 25-May-13 17:57:57

Dim as mince is absolutely right. I can think of loads of people more skilled at business than those fuckwits,myself included

squeakytoy Sat 25-May-13 17:59:09

It is the corporate equivalent of Big Brother. Started off ok, but is now full of wannabes who have no real interest in winning and just want to see their faces on tv and have a bit of a z-lister lifestyle for a few weeks afterwards...

This is the show that spawned Katie Hopkins ffs....

theodorakisses Sat 25-May-13 18:01:29

The first maybe. Now is the same but not as public as big brother.

toomuchtoask Sat 25-May-13 18:03:17

How do you know it was 50 hours of sleep deprivation? So heavily editied it could easily be over a week rather than the two days it says. I think people go on it for 15 minutes of fame. Love the show!

Tee2072 Sat 25-May-13 18:12:44

I love to watch it. I would never go on it.

squeakytoy Sat 25-May-13 18:22:16

No way did they all go without sleep for 50 hours in that first task.. they all looked immaculate at the end of it..

kim147 Sat 25-May-13 18:29:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tee2072 Sat 25-May-13 18:31:10

They always look immaculate, Squeaky. They get their make up and hair touched up constantly, I'm sure.

ShadowStorm Sat 25-May-13 18:35:43

I'm wondering if they're told in advance which days they get the phone call on.

They never seem to all be in bed when the phone rings, and surely most people aren't in the habit of getting up and starting to get ready for the day at 4am or 5am? (unless of course they know they're due in at work or something)

kim147 Sat 25-May-13 18:37:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StuffezLaYoni Sat 25-May-13 18:38:57

My eyebrows aren't terrible enough to go on the apprentice
sad

DadOnIce Sat 25-May-13 18:42:35

Macho Getting Up Early is all part of the act. I bet it's 11.30 really when the call from SrAlan comes.

DontMeanToBeRudeBut Sat 25-May-13 18:43:27

YANBU. It's like Jeremy Kyle for people who wear suits.

K8Middleton Sat 25-May-13 18:46:23

If I wanted everyone to think I was a massive cunt I might go on it.

Every series gets worse. None of the cultivated behaviours have any place in the real work place: pushy, rude, opinionated, creative, good at sales, impatient, forceful, back stabbing. Apparently women must also have: fake hair, fake eyelashes, lashing of fake tan, inch thick slap and a clinging outfit.

You know the first woman to go will be the least attractive and the first bloke will be the project manager of the losing team.

K8Middleton Sat 25-May-13 18:48:22

Ok good at sales is not a bad thing! But with all the others it does sort of result in an egotistical Machiavelli

K8Middleton Sat 25-May-13 18:48:53

...who'd sell his own granny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now