Talk

Advanced search

to hate DP inviting his friends over without telling me?

(9 Posts)
ClodiaF Sat 25-May-13 13:01:15

Ok, sometimes he does tell me but not until the day they arrive. I feel all invaded and like I need to run away and hide. Most of them are fine but they're not my friends and I kind of resent the intrusion, especially in the evenings which I feel is 'our time'. I think he should at least ask me if it's ok first.

Do you agree or am I just being all mean and inhospitable? Wish I could become more easy-going and sociable generally but I'm afraid the leopard won't change its spots!

karatekimmi Sat 25-May-13 13:03:49

It is surely polite to ask if its okay before inviting someone over. I would check with my DH before inviting someone over just incase we had plans.

Fairylea Sat 25-May-13 13:05:50

Yanbu. I would hate not knowing who was coming when. He's being unreasonable.

teenagetantrums Sat 25-May-13 13:05:50

No I would hate that as well, even my teenagers have to ask/tell me if their friends are going over. I like to make sure house if tidy and we have food/drinks for everyone. Sometimes I just don't want to be sociable.

somewhatavoidant Sat 25-May-13 13:06:47

YANBU it's very rude to do that IMO

Smartiepants79 Sat 25-May-13 13:08:47

Rude.
At least give you 24 hrs notice or ASK!
It's your home too. How would he feel if your mates/mother kept just turning up?

AmberLeaf Sat 25-May-13 13:14:44

It does sound like its more than just the not telling you first.

I feel all invaded and like I need to run away and hide. Most of them are fine but they're not my friends and I kind of resent the intrusion, especially in the evenings which I feel is 'our time

The above sounds like it would still be an issue even if he told you a month in advance.

livinginwonderland Sat 25-May-13 13:15:33

yanbu. I had the same conversation with my DP. it is really rude.

secretmermaid Sat 25-May-13 13:17:49

I would want to know how far in advance He knew, i.e. is he very spontaneous/impulsive and just invited them over on the day/an hour ago? If so it will be more tricky to gain notice...

I have a similar issue, I only find out that my OH is visiting a friend in Leeds at the weekend when, on Thursday/Friday night I ask him 'What shall we do this weekend?' and he Tells me what he's doing. I'm left thinking wtf, when would you have actually told me had I not asked?!!! But my OH had arranged it with this particular friend (who I despise) for weeks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now