Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want DH to stick to the shopping list?

(14 Posts)
Believeitornot Sat 25-May-13 11:19:07

I mean come on, it isn't difficult. BUY WHAT IS ON THE LIST. Dont go "off piste" and make decisions and then buy differently.

Yes, IABU. However, I spend ages meal planning and he buys something different so I have to rejig the plans.

Annoys me inexplicably. angry

And Don't tell me I should be grateful and do the shopping myself. I do, on many occasions. He likes to do it too to escape from the DCs

HeySoulSister Sat 25-May-13 11:20:31

why does he have to do as you say tho? cant he make some choices too?

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 25-May-13 11:22:26

He can make choices if he's going to revise the meal plans and cook. Or he can get involved in meal planning in the first place. OP unless you are the dinner police and never give him a say, then YANBU.

Believeitornot Sat 25-May-13 11:23:30

He asks me to meal plan. He checks them before he goes and if he wants differently then we change the list before hand. However, when he agrees then goes off and buys different, I get pissed off. He doesn't do most of the cooking, I do.

I dont mind if he buys extra - that's fine. At least buy stuff that I can use or have planned to.

TeWiSavesTheDay Sat 25-May-13 11:23:39

How off list do you mean? And can you/do you build in a certain amount of free shopping eg fruit x 5?

Believeitornot Sat 25-May-13 11:24:31

grin at dinner police. No, I'm not. maybe I should be

Money is tight hence meal planning - so that why it gets to me.

MortifiedAdams Sat 25-May-13 11:25:56

Can you not just say "we were going to have Spag Bol tonight but seeing as you didnt get the mince, what are you planning to make instead?"

Believeitornot Sat 25-May-13 11:26:40

Off list - decide not to buy something because he thinks we've got it in. We don't - I checked. Or not buy something because he thinks we can use something else - e.g. sliced meat for the kids. He doesn't buy any thinking we can use other cooked meat 5 days later - but we can't because I already planned to use it for something else and sooner. So I'm a meal down.

Believeitornot Sat 25-May-13 11:27:33

Maybe I will Mortified!

KingRollo Sat 25-May-13 11:28:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 25-May-13 11:28:41

Is he like the man from the Fast Show who goes out for peas, chicken and bananas and comes home with "even better than that" - nails, bunting and a hat?

TeWiSavesTheDay Sat 25-May-13 11:29:43

Ooh. Annoying. I like mortified's tactic!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sat 25-May-13 11:30:18

Does he shop on an empty stomach? Always dangerous!

Believeitornot Sat 25-May-13 11:32:57

Yes Pobble he does!

I'm getting even more annoyed now because he did text me to check about other stuff as they didnt have stock in. So we agreed a different meal. That's fine. But he still went and changed something else.

Not quite Harriet, but I've at least managed to stop him coming home with 16 drumsticks "because they were on offer" hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now