Talk

Advanced search

to box the PlayStation up

(14 Posts)
littlebitglum Sat 25-May-13 09:25:01

found PlayStation 2 selection of old games ds ' love it and are asking to play on it. they got up at 7 shouting and yelling. soon as came down were mithering to go on it. I said no you all need breakfast/to get dressed/ to do something else for a while.I have been mithered every 5 minutes and both ds have stomped off in a mood. am I being a total meanie because they are just excited about the old new gamesgrin I may be because its in the lounge and I just want a cup of tea in peace

littlebitglum Sat 25-May-13 09:41:56

you all think I'm BU nasty cowbagsad grin

YDdraigGoch Sat 25-May-13 09:47:33

Can you have your cuppa elsewhere? You might get more peace that way!

IneedAyoniNickname Sat 25-May-13 09:49:50

Yanbu. Ex gave the dc his old ps2 and games, now all ds2 wants to do is play on it sad I hate the bloody thing, expecially as most of the games he gave them are imo inappropriate

littlebitglum Sat 25-May-13 10:00:47

think they are playing croc I relented and took my bru to the garden. they seem to have really squeaky mad theme tunes or voices all these games

DollyTwat Sat 25-May-13 10:06:07

I've just discovered you can put time restrictions on the Xbox

You can set either the amount

DollyTwat Sat 25-May-13 10:07:07

Soz posted too soon!
The amount of time per day or week

Means you don't have to get involved in getting them off it

littlebitglum Sat 25-May-13 10:07:34

that sounds handy smile bet the trusty PlayStation two doesn't have thatgrin.

IneedAyoniNickname Sat 25-May-13 10:09:37

Now croc I could deal with, I love croc! Don't mind sing star or guitar hero, we all laugh at eachother on those.

But tekken4?! Since he started playing that, he's started play fighting a lot more and I hate it. Might accidentally break the disk later!

littlebitglum Sat 25-May-13 10:19:03

tony hawk is the annoying one they just skate pull of bad tricks then laugh like loons when the bloke is bleeding..that one might get chewed by the dogs

GalaxyDefender Sat 25-May-13 10:35:55

I find the sort of attitude you ladies have to be rather strange.

Why did you buy the games in the first place if you think it's inappropriate/don't think your children should play with them? I'm a little confused, it seems like a waste of money if you're just going to "accidentally" break the disc later hmm

And no, the PS2 doesn't have parental controls because it's an old console.

littlebitglum Sat 25-May-13 10:39:05

they were my games, my parent's have rooted them out and passed them on. I think as a child you think their cool but when your dc plays them you realise how annoying they actually are grin.

IneedAyoniNickname Sat 25-May-13 10:43:48

I didn't buy the games, twat of an ex gave them to the dc after teaching them how to play them, and telling them if I bin them they are to tell him immediately blah blah.

StuntGirl Sat 25-May-13 13:37:01

Er, your house your rules? If he wants the to play video games he can keep the console at his house. He can't demand what happens in your house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now