Talk

Advanced search

Husbands birthday

(8 Posts)
peppajay Sat 25-May-13 08:28:50

To expect a bit more thanks for decorating the house and buying and wrapping presents for my husbands 40th. He just doesn't seem to care and wants both his t shirts to go back. I don't work so have no money of my my own and he was clear about not spending too much money as he is known to be really tight! Think he just expected me to magic money out of no where!! Now he said it would have been nice to have a real present!!! Damned if I do damned if I don't!

MsVestibule Sat 25-May-13 08:41:08

If he said he'd said he didn't want a fuss made about his birthday, I could understand why he wasn't showing much appreciation for the decorated house.

But his attitude is quite contradictory - if you don't have any of your own money (why not???), how does he expect you to buy a 'proper' present?

cantbloodywellchoose Sat 25-May-13 08:48:48

Ungrateful sod. No, YANBU!

Inertia Sat 25-May-13 09:09:20

I'd be more bothered about the fact that you don't have any access to money.

He gives you no access to money,rejects the presents you bought somehow, complains that you didn't magic up a better present out of thin air - does he have any good points ?

peppajay Sat 25-May-13 09:10:27

I am a SAHM so he supports me financially he is pretty good at what I spend never really moans but we are quitecareful as only have one wage coming in so buying stuff for a birthday to him isn't necessary as he would have to work overtime to pay for it!! But he just seemed so disappointed with the £20 I did spend on him. I spent ages picking t shirts I thought he would like but no he will take them back and choose his own, just feel a little let down. The kids were so excited about decorating the house and giving him presents, think he is a bit depressed about hitting 40 but just a simple thank you would have sufficed!!

Inertia Sat 25-May-13 13:27:15

And you support him by providing free childcare for his children. It's household money, not his money.

Anyway, back to your point. Yes, he should have appreciated the effort put in for his birthday, especially if it's something the children have done . It means the world to children to do something special for their parents .

Apileofballyhoo Sun 26-May-13 02:12:33

He doesn't sound very nice OP.

Bogeyface Sun 26-May-13 02:24:58

I am 40 next weekend and I very down about it due to job loss, marriage breakdown and so on and so forth....

But my children are beside themselves with excitement at my party. I would cancel it for me, but it means so much to them, they helped my sister pick out the balloons, told my mum in no uncertain terms what my favourite food is for the buffet, "helped" me pick an outfit!

Your DH is an ungrateful asshole who doesnt deserve a loving wife and family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now