Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think peppa pig's mum needs to encourage better behaviour?

(21 Posts)
Sokmonsta Fri 24-May-13 18:15:59

Yes, I admit I have my judgy pants firmly hoicked and am not sure whether they will return whence they came.

The cause of this is Peppa Pig's table manners. Dd1 was sat at the dinner table, eating ice-cream when she decided it would be a great idea to lick the bowl out. Cue drippy mess everywhere. Asking why she did it was met with 'because Peppa pig does'.

So I've nicely told my daughter that we do not do that in our house, and that if Peppa pig were my daughter, I would tell her she would not be allowed ice-cream again until she learnt some table manners.

So who else would dare admit to thinking mummy pig is a soft touch and Peppa is a bit of a brat?

VotePedroPony Fri 24-May-13 18:40:33

Oooh, I love licking ice cream out the bowl blush

And jumping in muddy puddles blush blush

Ullena Fri 24-May-13 18:40:49

What flavour ice cream?

perplexedpirate Fri 24-May-13 18:44:34

Daddy Pig equally to blame, I presume?

SuffolkNWhat Fri 24-May-13 18:46:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PollyPlummer Fri 24-May-13 18:47:20

grin I don't mind licking of bowls - especially with something as lovely as ice cream.
But there is something irritating about Peppa, luckily my dc like Thomas instead.

howcomes Fri 24-May-13 18:50:05

But peppa pig is quite polite, always saying please and thank you, eats all her vegetables and nearly always remembers to put her boots on before jumping in muddy puddles. Think you're being a bit harsh here.

Newrowsees Fri 24-May-13 19:04:21

It's George that's getting on my nerves at the moment. DS1 says everything is "yuck" - makes mealtimes a nightmare.

Szeli Sat 25-May-13 03:42:42

Peppa is a rude and horrible pig!

Buzzardbird Sat 25-May-13 03:49:32

I'm dreaming of peppa for breakfast with a nice poached egg on top. Yum!

AmericasTorturedBrow Sat 25-May-13 03:50:02

She's not as bad as Angelina Ballerina - hoping DS grows out of that phase before she permanently has an effect on him. Selfish bratty bully of a mouse

Mike the Knight is my current object of hate.
What a snobby, selfish little brat he is, treats his so called friends like crap, talks down to everybody around him, and every episode ends with them saying "it's ok Mike, you can treat us like shite, we don't mind" (paraphrasing a bit).

Yy Angelina Ballerina needs to come a cropper with a cat or a trap, I don't mind which.

Numberlock Sat 25-May-13 04:42:20

Horrid Henry's parents also in need of some coaching...

TheFallenNinja Sat 25-May-13 05:17:39

Just discuss the causal link between Peppas table manners and a bacon sandwich.

Sokmonsta Sat 25-May-13 06:30:53

Yes PP - daddy pig is equally to blame. Although I do feel a little sorry for him at times as he comes across very much under the thumb, being told what to do by his young daughter and having his piece of cake given to the ducks because they were hungry.

Peppa may eat her veggies and such but I do find her a very rude/bossy little pig. I cringe at her demanding behaviour and wonder how she has so many friends. I can only assume she is 'queen pig' and the others follow her blindly.

Perhaps she and mike the knight should have a play date. I'd love to see how that would turn out as yes, mike is very irritating and blinkered until he realises right at the end that he perhaps needs to listen to someone else and try it their way. After all this time you'd think he would have learnt to listen to his friends sometimes.

Kyedecmy Sat 25-May-13 06:35:17

Haha alexreidslonelybraincell...... You are quite right , hahaha

Sokmonsta Sat 25-May-13 06:35:49

Lol fallen.

I haven't seen angelina ballerina since they started using cgi animation but found her slightly more tolerable than Peppa when she was a cartoon.

chickensaladagain Sat 25-May-13 06:56:17

I've massive issues with mummy pig

She's always telling the piglets how incredibly stupid silly daddy pig is

Way to undermine your children's father!

It's no wonder peppa speaks to poor daddy pig the way she does horrible little madam

milkymocha Sat 25-May-13 06:59:01

Wait until you kids start watching Horrid Henry shock DS1 keeps calling DS2 a 'stinky nappy baby' which causes many cat bum faces at the in laws!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sat 25-May-13 11:15:42

Urgh I hate Mike the Knight. Always gets some stupid idea in his (rather large) head which his friends try and talk him out of. But because he's a twat he doesn't listen, and so does it anyway. His friends save the day and Mike gets the credit from his clueless mother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now