Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not want to change this ebay feedback

(24 Posts)
phantomnamechanger Fri 24-May-13 17:12:29

I bought something on ebay (well, I tried to)

I paid immediately

a couple of days later I got a very brief email stating "sorry this item is out of stock we have refunded you"

I then had to wait several days for this to clear both ways through paypal (ie, I did not have access to the money in this time. I was in fact beginning to worry that I had not recieved the refund at all.)

I left feedback when prompted - neutral, which I though was fair - and the message saying "item was out of stock so I was refunded" - do you thinks thats reasonable in the circs? The seller has emailed and asked me to change my feedback.

Why should I? Would you? Why should I add to all their glowing reports from happy customers about how lovely the item was and how fast the delivery was, when I am pissed off! BTW, they were still advertising auctions for the same item, after I had received the email saying it was out of stock.

Shutupanddrive Fri 24-May-13 17:13:32

No in fact I would leave bad feedback

nostress Fri 24-May-13 17:17:28

Leave it as it is seems totally fair! Did you get your money back though? What have they asked you to change it to??

DianaTrent Fri 24-May-13 17:17:35

No, I think neutral is generous, to be honest. They shouldn't be selling what they don't have.

SayMama Fri 24-May-13 17:18:24

I think you were very reasonable considering the circs! Tell them to get lost!

Your feedback was factual and fair. Many people would have left a negative. I'd have done what you did. If they harassed me to change it i'd consider leaving a follow up comment (can you still do that?) saying that they were harassing you to change a fair and factual comment

phantomnamechanger Fri 24-May-13 17:37:11

See, I think it's stupid to be expected to leave feedback anyway when there has been no sale. And, yes, I thought that in the circs I had been perfectly reasonable.

They want me to change the neutral to positive. Their email this time is much longer and more polite than the brief "out of stock" that i received. (creep, creep). This time its all "we are very sorry you had a disappointing experience, we want all our customers to be 100% satisfied with our service. We emailed you as soon as we realised the item was out of stock and refunded you in full (as if that's somehow generous of them?). They want me to view this as a "positive experience" and alter the feedback to positive.

Serve them right if I change it to negative!

phantomnamechanger Fri 24-May-13 17:44:23

Isn't this exactly the sort of scenario that the "neutral" option is for?

fromparistoberlin Fri 24-May-13 17:46:40

fuck em i say, yanbu

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Fri 24-May-13 17:51:13

YANBU
I would email back and say that you agree it should be changed, as due to them hassling you Negative Feedback is now more appropriate.

diddl Fri 24-May-13 17:53:03

Yup-I'd change it-to negative!

Well, as they say, you had a disappointing experience - why would that warrant a positive feedback? confused As an ex-ebay seller and regular buyer, I'd expect neutral feedback at best in the circumstances you described.

WeAreEternal Fri 24-May-13 17:57:23

A nutural is exactly what they should get.

I would never give a positive in this situation.

phantomnamechanger Fri 24-May-13 17:59:10

I am glad IANBU grin thank you all.
I had got over the initial Grrrr and disappointment, now I am all
Grrrr again!

Will ignore and see if they contact me again. Then I will definitely have cause to complian they are harassing me, no?

you are hardly going to be ecstatic paying for something and then finding out it wasn't coming after all so no YANBU sod em just ignore it. if they ask again change it to negative. They should not be advertising stuff for sale if it's not. end of

YANBU, you didn't have that money for several days to enable you to buy it somewhere else, so you are entitled to be pissed off and it does not deserve positive feedback.

GiveMumABreak Fri 24-May-13 18:07:59

YANBU that is very fair feedback - they should be delighted you didn't leave negative feedback in fact.

Floggingmolly Fri 24-May-13 18:10:56

If they want you to be 100% satisfied with the service they provide, they should ensure said service includes only selling items they actually possess.
I'd change it to negative too. The nerve of them not letting it go!

decaffwithcream Fri 24-May-13 19:33:08

"They want me to view this as a "positive experience" and alter the feedback to positive."

I think you would have to be leading a pretty depressing life if ordering an item that was out of stock and having to wait for a refund constituted a "positive experience" tbh

MrsBungle Fri 24-May-13 19:36:28

I'd have left negative. I can't stand that.

phantomnamechanger Fri 24-May-13 20:17:48

LOL decaf I think you would have to be leading a pretty depressing life if ordering an item that was out of stock and having to wait for a refund constituted a "positive experience" tbh grin
They meant the way they had dealt with it should merit a positive/good service, I assume. I disagree though.

Thanks for all your replies, will ignore and see if they hve the nerve to push it.

OHforDUCKScake Fri 24-May-13 20:28:48

Hang on a tick. When you are refunded, it by passes paypal and goes straight into your account so it doesnt take as long.

ImagineJL Fri 24-May-13 21:50:52

YADNBU

If they e-mail you again, point out that you have expended time and effort on a transaction that has netted you precisely nothing, and that to you is a negative experience in itself. As it wasn't deliberate on their part, you've given them the benefit of the doubt and classed it as neutral.

It makes a mockery of the feedback system if people are asked to change what they've said!

CloudsAndTrees Fri 24-May-13 22:13:49

YANBU. Your experience wasn't positive, so you don't leave positive feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now