Talk

Advanced search

To apologise for the weather

(26 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Fri 24-May-13 13:23:47

It's my fault - yet again I tried to take the cosytoes off the buggy yesterday - everytime I've done that this year it's promptly pissed down.

It's ok - I've put it back on (again) now - guaranteed heatwave for the weekend! (I only use the damn thing to stop DD1 pulling her socks off!)

chocoluvva Fri 24-May-13 13:59:00

Don't worry I'll share responsibility with you as I put the garden table out and put up the sunshade. It did a fine job of sheltering users from the hailstones we had yesterday!

MrsMelons Fri 24-May-13 16:16:29

I glad it isn't my fault then, I was feeling I should take the blame as I packed our winter coats away and cleaned the BBQ sad

melika Fri 24-May-13 16:49:49

Hmph, so it's your fault? Should of guessed.

EMUZ Fri 24-May-13 16:58:32

I shaved my legs sad sorry blush

GeoffVader Fri 24-May-13 17:15:42

I so much as glance at sun-cream on supermarket shelves and the heavens open..

PoppyWearer Fri 24-May-13 17:27:25

Oh I cleaned the barbecue too. Sorry about that...

LEMisdisappointed Fri 24-May-13 17:30:56

Will you fuckers just get the electric blankets down from the loft again and buy a supply of logs for the fire? Otherwise i may not be held responsible.............

I went to buy my annual pair of rocket dog flip flops and they don't stock them anymore - its an omen i tell ya, an omen!

LEMisdisappointed Fri 24-May-13 17:37:33

ive just found them online though - but is it even worth buying them?

MonsterBookOfTyRexs Fri 24-May-13 17:39:40

Its my fault! I bought the dc sunglasses and summer hats. Its been miserable since them grin

MrsMelons Fri 24-May-13 17:50:01

I have just put the heating on - it should be a scorcher tomorrow!

ohnosnow Fri 24-May-13 17:51:37

Please all get your winter coats,cosytoes out again. And but all sun hats,glasses and bbq away.

I am off on holiday to wales tomorrow and need some nice weather.

Thank you smile

Wishiwasanheiress Fri 24-May-13 17:52:42

It's also mine. I packed my uggs away and bought shorts. Duh. Needless to say uggs are back out and shorts are away....

redrubyshoes Fri 24-May-13 17:55:53

I got sunburnt in fecking Wales last Bank holiday and boasted about it. We packed every wet weather gear known to man as well.

My fault. I walked home from work today and arrived looking like a cross between a swamp monster and someone who has slept in a skip with a family of otters.

Twattybollocks Fri 24-May-13 17:59:22

Isn't it grim? My summer kit for the pushchair (bought last week when it was nice) arrived yesterday in the middle of a hailstorm and 8 degrees, freezing cold and blowing a gale. Seriously this is taking the piss. We thought it couldn't be any worse than the solid rain last year, but freezing cold, windy and hailstones is definately worse!

FoofFighter Fri 24-May-13 18:00:24

It's lovely here in Scotland grin

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Fri 24-May-13 18:06:07

The headmistress at my DC's school is to blame too. She sent home letters asking for hats and sunblock to be brought in to school. It has rained everyday since she sent the letter out.

Fuckwittery Fri 24-May-13 18:12:41

Mine too, you know that one nice day we've had all year? Monday 6th May it was. It was really sunny, I was entertaining and running round after 9 kids doing a treasure hunt, and I complained it was too hot blush blush blush. I'll get my coat..... Oh, it's in the loft.....

Fuckwittery Fri 24-May-13 18:14:17

I also bought sandals for Dd1 last week, instead of waiting until her feet are hot and sweaty and having to make an emergency shoe shop trip. I have truly fucked up.

PoppyWearer Fri 24-May-13 18:17:45

I have now cranked up my heating very high to guarantee a heat wave for the next few days.

PoppyWearer Fri 24-May-13 18:18:23

Oh bugger, I bought sandals for my DD this week too.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Fri 24-May-13 18:20:38

I planned an outside practical with my year 10 class that is essential to their coursework sad

It actually required a certain level of sunshine - so sorry.

youmeatsix Fri 24-May-13 18:25:57

nods this works both ways you know, in Scotland we never buy sun tan lotion, we dont own a BBQ, our garden tables & chairs blew away in april, and we have brilliant sunshine here hmm

SuzySheepSmellsNice Fri 24-May-13 18:28:38

I'm not working this Bank Holiday, so I feel I must apologise in advance for the shifty weather guaranteed for Monday... I doubt I'll get the August one off, so you can all look forward to a scorcher! (HTH) smile

BeetleBugBaby Sun 26-May-13 13:09:13

I am about to put the parasol on the pram, so if it buckets down in about half an hour, it was me. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now