Talk

Advanced search

to think that every possible topic has been done to death on MN and that we should all just use the search function instead?

(27 Posts)
MardyBra Fri 24-May-13 11:02:46

I suppose current news topics could be excepted.

All relationship threads just end in LTB, so that's them sorted.

I would like to be proven unreasonable. Surprise me with a new thread that I wasn't expecting. grin

DIYapprentice Fri 24-May-13 11:04:15

What, and not end up in a barney???!!! YABVVVU!!!!! grin

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 24-May-13 11:27:45

MardyBra's friend: Heh, remember that time we -

MardyBra: SILENCE! We have had this conversation before! We must now sit and remember it privately to ourselves.

MardyBra's friend: Oh. Ok. sad Do you want a cup of tea?

MardyBra: TEA?! I have encountered tea before, earthling! Bring me bat's blood!

grin

TheVermiciousKnid Fri 24-May-13 11:30:49

But Mardy, I'm sure threads like this have been done before! You should have searched for one before starting this one. sad

grin Lemon.

I would hate if MN went the way of other forums ::cough:: MSE ::cough:: and merged threads that are similar. It would be pants.

OddSockMonster Fri 24-May-13 11:33:44

Right, challenge then... I want to know whether belly button fluff is edible. Has it been done before?

Nanny0gg Fri 24-May-13 11:33:53

And then complain that a Zombie thread has been resurrected...

ItsallisnowaFeegle Fri 24-May-13 11:34:27

YABU and definitely living up to your name wink

I think when new posters join, they have real-time issues that they want advice/ support about and starting a thread just means the advice/ support etc is tailored to the information they provide, so it's much more relevant to them.

chocoholic05 Fri 24-May-13 11:35:56

but if you bring up old threads due to the search function of then you comment on them then you bring up a zombie thread which I hate!!!

chocoholic05 Fri 24-May-13 11:36:28

just noticed that's been said!

ItsAllTLAsToMe Fri 24-May-13 11:40:21

grin Lemon.

MardyBra Fri 24-May-13 11:41:09

Yes Kniddy, I probably started a thread like this once.

That sounds entirely reasonable. Apparently when I was a kid, my mum once found me reading a book when I had friends round to play because I found their game boring. It appears my social skills still leave something to be desired.

IneedAsockamnesty Fri 24-May-13 11:41:35

And people jump all over the old thread by posting zombie thread

daftdame Fri 24-May-13 11:41:43

If people stopped posting Mumsnet would die! sad It would just be an archive. Do the views change over time? Well you can investigate if you are interested in this sort of thing.

If you don't want to read, you don't have to, if you don't want to post you don't have to.

MardyBra Fri 24-May-13 11:42:05

Oddsock Definitely.

Ear wax is not that tasty though.

MardyBra Fri 24-May-13 11:43:05

daftdame MN seems to be dying anyway. Unless Tech gets his finger out, I might have to get some work done.

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 24-May-13 11:44:52

True about earwax. Although apparently it used to be used as lip balm in the Middle Ages.

<spew>

MardyBra Fri 24-May-13 11:46:02

OK I concede that this thread hasn't been totally thought through.

Maybe we could aim for a cull of 50% of the threads - anything involving breastfeeding, weaning, pushchairs and dog behaviour, and then concentrate on the interesting aspects of MN. grin

MadBusLady Fri 24-May-13 11:49:22

Nooo, because things might have changed! Some kind of new steam cleaner might be on the market, extensions might cost more, there might bean amazing new mascara, and what if, WHAT IF, somebody new comes up with a KILLER point regarding P&C parking spaces so stunning in its subtle complexity that we are all reduced to tears by its illimitable beauty and declare the problem solved. Forever.

Think on that.

PostBellumBugsy Fri 24-May-13 11:57:35

God no. I love regurgitating the same old shit I did 9 years ago. It is like time travel! grin

EldritchCleavage Fri 24-May-13 11:58:10

YANBU. A topic's not done until I've done it.

EldritchCleavage Fri 24-May-13 11:58:34

Er, I mean, YABU.
Bollocks.

MardyBra Fri 24-May-13 11:59:22

Actually maybe it's time to revive the MN user names thespian anagrams thread. There are lots of new names to anagramise.

<talks self out of whole point of thread>

Lweji Fri 24-May-13 12:00:25

Did you search this topic?

I think you'll find it has been done before. grin

<evil laughter>

Mintyy Fri 24-May-13 12:00:50

Yanbu ish.

I think HQ should delete tons of old stuff (the smelly washing machine threads from 2004 for eg.) because its obvious no one ever looks at them.

All aibus should be deleted after 3 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now