Talk

Advanced search

to hide behind my desk all day and hope no one notices

(19 Posts)
MTBMummy Fri 24-May-13 10:28:24

I work in a nice trendy company, and stupidly decided to wear a dress that I bought last year.

The problem is this dress has a cut out back, really not unusual in our office for this sort of thing to be worn, and my back is one of the parts of my body I like and am happy to have on display.

Normally I wear this dress with one of those stick on bras, but today (oh why today when I wear it to work) my bra has decided to become unsticky, and I've had to carefully remove it from my lap and shove it into my bag. I've been too the loo and no amount of washing and drying it seems to bring the sticky back.

My boobs aren't great, they're definitely more spaniel ears than perky, and the office is cold enough that my stupid nips are on display, so now everyone can see that I point South blush

I'm mortified, I don't want to leave my desk, actually I want to crawl under it and hide. I'm gagging for a cup of coffee and I dare not go to the kitchen and flash all my colleagues

HeathRobinson Fri 24-May-13 10:30:47

Can you borrow a cardigan?

BunnyLebowski Fri 24-May-13 10:30:56

Get crafty with the sellotape? I'm thinking makeshift boob hammocks?

ubik Fri 24-May-13 10:31:16

Can you nip out at lunchtime and buy a sensible bra, top and skirt from M&S?

<hoiks 39 year old bosom>

grin

BirdintheWings Fri 24-May-13 10:32:16

Where on earth do you work, OP. It's sleeting here today and you're sitting there in a backless dress?

MTBMummy Fri 24-May-13 10:38:08

PMSL @ the Boob Hammocks going to need a lot of tape

I do have a cardy, but it's a 3/4 sleeve and this dress is long sleeved, but may have to resort to that.

I work in London, typically the office is like a sauna, hence the choice oif clothes

I may have to see if I can pick up anything at lunch time, although does that make it more obvious? <trys not to jiggle 34 year old post bf bosom>

BirdintheWings Fri 24-May-13 10:39:34

PostIt notes all over the front?
Large Mumsnet scarf?

PeterParkerSays Fri 24-May-13 10:40:13

Carry a folder in front of your chest?

MTBMummy Fri 24-May-13 10:41:06

A scarf would be a great idea!!!

Not sure where HR would stand on steal the only one near by from my heavily pregnant boss

Rosa Fri 24-May-13 10:41:52

erm what did you wear to get to work can you not say ''ohh its cold" and put the coat on or something?? Can you just roll / push up the sleeves of the dress so they fit under the cardigan?

EdwiniasRevenge Fri 24-May-13 10:43:47

Pick up a bra and cardie/blazer at lunchtime.

You will need your back covered over a normal bra but you won't have been seen getting changed. It will just look like you've put a cardie on top of what you were already wearing.

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 24-May-13 10:44:35

Get that cardy on. Lengths of exposed undersleeve beats exposed nips grin

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 24-May-13 10:45:03

Fold back the sleeves of your dress, then stick your cardi on?

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 24-May-13 10:45:30

Or fashion a scarf from some of those nice fluoro post-its.

MTBMummy Fri 24-May-13 10:54:38

Have managed to scrunch my dress sleeves up under my cardi, thankfully I now just look like I have an old non support bra on, but may still go out at lunch and grab a bra

Thank you all - I was so embarrassed my mind kind of shut down and I just didn't even think about my cardi

Will never ever ever wear something that needs a sticky bra to work again

raisah Fri 24-May-13 10:59:58

Well atleast the elastic didnt snap in your knickers like mine did! The only shop near my work was boots (long may it survive) & so I bought a pk of disposable maternity pants. I always carry a pair in my bag now for emergencies.

Asteria Fri 24-May-13 11:15:29

couldn't you just stick sellotape over your nipples to stop them poking an eye out being so obvious?

adagio Fri 24-May-13 11:32:50

Thats what I was thinking Asteria, either that or elastoplast from the first aid box…

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 24-May-13 11:37:22

I was once walking through a large office when one of my hold up stockings decided not to hold up anymore. 3 paces and it was all flopped down over my shoe like a carthorse hoof.

No option but to change direction and keep walking to the toilet and remove both stockings.

Oh the white, hairy, pasty legs that were on show for the rest of the day. Never worn holdups since. When the sticky is gone, ITS GONE!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now