Talk

Advanced search

To miss living with my parents

(5 Posts)
rainbowslollipops Thu 23-May-13 20:29:51

To a certain degree? dd & I get to see them everyday. I don't have huge bills to pay & it's being around family. However, my relationship with my mum is strong now, whereas before I moved out, it was awful. That's what I'm grateful for & I miss them at times & the memories we had.

ZZZenagain Thu 23-May-13 20:32:42

what is that you miss about it?

Alicenotinwonderland Thu 23-May-13 20:38:38

I feel the same sometimes, I see my parents a lot and whenever I walk into the home I grew up in I feel nostalgic. However it's because I left and got my own life that we now have a close and healthy relationship. When I did live there I hated it!!! I love to see my folks it fills up my love tank, there is no greater love I feel than the love your parents give you.

rainbowslollipops Thu 23-May-13 20:40:21

The company I think. I'm used to having family around whereas now I'm on my own I have a lot of free time (when not at work) & I dont get to see family like I used to. And my mum makes a mean lasagne. But I'd rather have the bond my mum & I have now than go back to how it was.

ZZZenagain Thu 23-May-13 20:43:42

I thought my relationship to my mum changed when I became a mother. It was more like having an elder sister/friend and not so much like being the child who is told what to do.

If your relationship to your parents is good, you never really lose the parental home and the chance to slip back into it (until they go).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now