Talk

Advanced search

To wish UK sizing for Womens clothes was all the same.

(6 Posts)
Megsdaughter Thu 23-May-13 19:06:27

I bought a pair of Dotty P jeans in a 16 today. Cant even get over my hips, look more like a 12. Yet Monsoon and M&S ones I need a 14, Tesco I need a 16, so stupid, if your ordering online you never know what size to bloody order.

I have lost 55lb since Christmas and really wanted to just get a pair of jeans to fit (everything is far too big in my wardrobe)

I am going to have to actually go shopping.

I hate shopping.

EyesCrossedLegsAkimbo Thu 23-May-13 19:12:14

Congratulations on your weight loss!

It really annoys me how much sizing changes between shops/brands and I hate shopping too. Next and M&S are the worst for vanity sizing, I bought jeans from Next online, I put them on and the dropped around my ankles!

JeanPaget Thu 23-May-13 19:14:44

Wow congratulations!

I posted this website on another thread recently. You put in your measurements and it tells you what size will fit you in various shops (according to the sizing guide the shops have up on their websites). I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's certainly and interesting look.

Megsdaughter Thu 23-May-13 19:19:10

I am only going to buy a couple of pairs, as really want to drop another 50lb, and just feel like giving up shopping and just pull my belt in more.

But as at Christmas I was in a 22/24, I really have to get something.

Megsdaughter Thu 23-May-13 19:19:57

Thanks Jean will have a look at that.

Megsdaughter Thu 23-May-13 19:32:32

It looks like from that the more expensive the clothes the smaller the size.

Although New Look which I seem to get comfortably into a 16, seems to be about right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now