Talk

Advanced search

To think the rain and bad weather can do one now

(32 Posts)
LEMisdisappointed Thu 23-May-13 15:02:20

No really, enough is enough FFS!!

I just want some sun, i want to take my DD to the beach and relax and let her have her bloody body board and have a swim, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK!!!!

Seriously, the weather is really getting me down now - im sure im not the only one. Its half term next week and already me and DD are discussing what to do if its raining sad

valiumredhead Thu 23-May-13 15:02:51

Hailing here!

Manchesterhistorygirl Thu 23-May-13 15:04:27

It was 2 degrees here at around 9am, then it hailed and sleeted too. I've had more than I can take! Argh!

Dawndonna Thu 23-May-13 15:04:28

So far today: Rain, Hail, Thunder, Wind and it's 9 degrees. Nine fucking degrees at the end of May! I shall have an extended sulk about this!

AuntieStella Thu 23-May-13 15:05:09

Hail?!

I saw something on the news that said it's been the coldest spring since the 1970s.

jacks365 Thu 23-May-13 15:06:25

We have hail here too with the odd flash of lightening. Hate it.
YADNBU

ExcuseTypos Thu 23-May-13 15:07:19

I've got the heating on, a jumper and a scarf. and my uggs

I'm fed up with this weather. We've just had hail stones and an icy windhmm.

It can fuck right off back to Iceland or wherever it came from.

TheCountessOlenska Thu 23-May-13 15:08:47

I have been moaning about it all day, boring myself now grin

Actually the sun has come out now but it's windy and I bet it's still fricking freezing

ExcuseTypos Thu 23-May-13 15:11:40

And another thing....

I've got a weather app and it gives a 5 day forecast. ALL week it has been saying fri and sat are going to be sunny and 17. Today it's saying its going to be sodding cloudy ALL day. I'm fed up.

thebody Thu 23-May-13 15:14:21

Totally agree op. all the apple blossom is out in my garden and the clematis too. Fucking wind will blow it off.

Hate hate hate it.

Hearing on and still cold.....

shewhowines Thu 23-May-13 15:15:02

I've got a blanket wrapped round me. My hands are freezing, despite the heating being on earlier.

Wallace Thu 23-May-13 15:15:04

been snowing on and off all day sad

Dawndonna Thu 23-May-13 15:21:51

Radio 4 weather just before 8am predicted blizzards in Scotland before the end of the day!

jacks365 Thu 23-May-13 15:25:56

Just checked my weather app. Warning for rain from monday till friday next week . Guess half term will be spent inside.

Wallace Thu 23-May-13 18:59:14

The weekend is looking sunny. And warm (ish)

MissAnnersley Thu 23-May-13 19:01:32

It's bloody freezing here. Heating is on and I've got a blanket on my lap. It feels like winter.

Dawndonna Fri 24-May-13 09:12:12

Back from the 5 degree, pouring with rain, blowing a gale school run!

PariahHairy Fri 24-May-13 09:43:15

It's crap isn't it sad. Wouldn't even mind the rain if it had the decency to at least be mild, my gas bill is going to be massive, usually have 2 cheap quarters, not this bloody year.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Fri 24-May-13 10:43:22

Yanbu. I am really annoyed that it will be yet another cold, wet and windy half term.

KJ007 Fri 24-May-13 13:19:50

Same here, DS is like a caged animal and just wants to go to the park for a run around, tried to go earlier but managed about 5 mins before the Gail force winds forced us back in the car and home!!

Problem is I am struggling for indoor activities that I can take him to as have a newborn too so swimming is out of the question at the mo unless someone can come along with us and can only stomach soft play once a week!

ShadeofViolet Fri 24-May-13 13:26:38

I am just hoping that this crappy weather will mean 6 glorious weeks in the summer holidays.

Oopla Fri 24-May-13 13:30:36

We are due another summer like the glorious one of 1976 so wonder what the spring prior to that was like?
<crosses fingers>

Rain1975 Fri 24-May-13 13:45:25

Just got in from our local play park, kids purple from the cold even with winter hats coats gloves and scarves. Now sat with the heating on. On the plus side I did treat us all to a warming bowl of chips in the nice warm cafe instead of our usual picnic.

digerd Fri 24-May-13 14:13:25

I don't remember that far back and was working FT. But do remember 1984 and towards the end of June it was the 1st coolish day after several weeks - 10 I think- of boiling hot weather.
It was also hot in August I remember. Infact all the summers from 1974 -1984 were lovely. Even years on from there.
One May bank holiday was also cold and we put the heating back on again and the August Bank Holiday too, that year. But hadn't been so cold for so long in between. That was in the last few years.

I'm old and cranky now, and this winter in May is messing with my heart, soul , brain and joints < grizzly face>

CremeEggThief Fri 24-May-13 14:16:28

Awful here in County Durham too. Had to give in again and put the heating back on last night sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now