Talk

Advanced search

To be glad I finally managed to speak up for myself!

(4 Posts)
LittleMissGerardButlerfan Thu 23-May-13 10:53:26

I went to the dentist this morning to have a filling redone for the second time. Had it done in December and then it fell out so had it redone in march, and it fell out again. Last time she redid it she said she would have to drill away some more tooth if it came out again. When she drilled the first time I could feel it vibrating through my head, it was awful sad

I was terrified today but thought I'm 35 ffs get a grip woman! So I said to the dentist I have sinus headaches from my hay fever and would she mind doing the drilling a little then stopping then starting etc so the vibrations don't last too long. She said she would have a look, and if possible she would just use a stronger filling thereforw not having to numb or drill it and she did smile and she apologized that it had come out again and said obviously it would be free of charge.

I am quite shy and have low self esteem so don't normally speak up for myself, so Aibu to be pleased I did today, or should I have got a grip a long time ago if anyone knows where I can get them please let me know grin

hiddenhome Thu 23-May-13 10:55:18

Well Done grin

It gets easier the more you do it too wink

mooseisabunny Thu 23-May-13 10:55:23

well done smile

TigerSwallowTail Thu 23-May-13 11:07:32

Well done grin that's great.

I'm an introvert and not very assertive at all so I completely appreciate how this is a mini victory for yourself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now