Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to proper string these vandalising bastards up

(8 Posts)
Growlithe Wed 22-May-13 22:29:13

New Brighton on the Wirral has been blessed recently. A local artist made a pirate ship on the beach out of driftwood and other recycled materials.

It really was the most marvellous thing. Proper deck, massive captain's wheel, plank to walk, big sails. It was called the Black Pearl of course.

Kids were on it all the time. All for free. What a guy to create this.

Tonight it was burnt down...

gordyslovesheep Wed 22-May-13 22:32:19

I have been very saddened by this tonight - I am a New Brighton girl and my mum recently moved back there - my children LOVE the Black Pearl when we visit - it's just awful sad

Ledkr Wed 22-May-13 22:42:39

Fucking idiots what's wrong with some people.

Growlithe Wed 22-May-13 22:43:14

We were only there a couple of weeks ago. It really was amazing. New Brighton is undergoing regeneration at the moment and this was a real tourist attraction.

The more there is there, the more people will come - and spend = more jobs in the area you stupid fucking tossers.

gordyslovesheep Wed 22-May-13 22:43:50

they are xxx

quoteunquote Wed 22-May-13 23:01:47

this one?

Get down on the tide line, help collect drift wood and help build another.

Sad but inevitable, if you involve the vandals in the rebuild, they will feel connected to it, so put a call out for all the local youth to come and help find wood.

Growlithe Wed 22-May-13 23:53:53

That's the one. The call is already being answered for the rebuild.

Sadly, I'm sure the vandals won't want to be involved.

quoteunquote Thu 23-May-13 09:13:51

Sadly, I'm sure the vandals won't want to be involved.

When the local green space was being abused, I bought several sacks of bulbs, and other stuff, we did wood sculpture as well, and sound sculpture.

I had every teen and child involved in planting, I even suggested they try planting out words(their choices) , even the too cool reluctant one got on the bandwagon in the end,

We put the whole lot of them to work, took on their ideas, they are all fiercely protective of the space now, and no one has to monitor it.

If you get them involved they will 'own' it and it will have long term protection.

so even if you cannot identify the miscreants, get every single teen(pre and young adult) you can find, bribe them with sausage barbecues and cherryaid, make their contribution feel valued,

and you will find the project grows, and remains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now