Talk

Advanced search

meat i've just purchased is gone off

(5 Posts)
annoyednow Wed 22-May-13 19:57:07

I dropped into a butcher's shop just before I collected child from school. When I came home, got out frying pan and opened meat package. It smelt bad. I cooked it and it still smells bad. Did taste to make sure and it's bad. I am fuming. The butcher should have known if the meat smelt before he bagged and sold it. Feeding ripped off.

It is not a butcher I normally use as I just happened to be in that part of town.

I had nothing else in, so just rice and veggies with cheese and butter. Couldn't risk food poisoning.

OnwardBound Wed 22-May-13 20:00:01

Not helpful re your dinner tonight but could you take it back to the butcher tomorrow and get your money back at least?

annoyednow Wed 22-May-13 20:06:19

I really should. It will be out of my way though. I was so looking forward to my dinner. That will teach me to stray from my regular butcher shop.

CreatureRetorts Wed 22-May-13 20:10:01

I'd go back. This has happened to me with a few supermarkets and I've got refunds.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 22-May-13 20:12:05

Morrisons keeps doing this to me.

Two lots of chicken had gone off well before the date last week. Stank. Replaced them for two more; also stank and had green juices. Swapped them for minced lamb; that smells funny too.

Tried telling them that maybe they have a fridge problem, and they apologised but assured me it was just a 'bad batch'. Bought a yoghurt from there half an hour ago, and it's got green mold underneath the top layer.

Grrrr. I sympathise sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now