Talk

Advanced search

NoT an AIBU - 4 Year old biting Help

(4 Posts)
spacefrogg1 Wed 22-May-13 17:17:32

Short story – my son 4 going on 5 has bitten his best friend at school. He does not normally bite and has come out of the blue. He said his friend would not play with him and she was calling him some horrible names. My wife is beside herself as school has told her it is very abnormal for kids to bite and he may have issues. Can anyone help.

TSSDNCOP Wed 22-May-13 17:27:31

This happened to us only last week when DC bit a friend. Never been a biter, came out of the blue.

Stay calm. Explain how much it would have hurt his friend and how that's a bad thing to do. Remove a meaningful toy/activity.

I also made the DC write an apology letter to the friend and the teacher.

It's more common than you think. But needs to be stopped quick smart.

hedgefund Wed 22-May-13 17:29:46

how helpful of the school to say biting is abnormal! would make the child apologise but wouldn't go ott with it.

it's pretty common ime - kids get frustrated and biting it a quick response, of course it should be nipped in the bud though

spacefrogg1 Wed 22-May-13 17:30:32

Thanks, we have already made him write a letter and cancelled his trip to his friends for t tomorrow. Just have to see how he goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now