Talk

Advanced search

Wanting dd to be quiet while her baby brothers are asleep

(9 Posts)
Roomfor1more Wed 22-May-13 15:38:51

Seriously if she don't stop I'm going to gag her. I think I've said 'shhh' or 'shush' or 'Give up making noise' about a million times now. The babies are teething and like two lions, put them up for their naps after ds1 got in from school. You'd swear someone gave her Smarties the way she's so bloody wired. I ditch herself and ds1 out to the garden and they're back in within 2 mins looking for stuff. I'm awake since 5am since ds1 woke me to tell me he'd wet his bed, then the babies woke and so here I am. Coffee isn't helping either..... Only another 148 mins till dh is home and I can hide.......

Mother2many Wed 22-May-13 15:42:58

I guess, I never really got all freaked out on noise. I thought it helped to "train" my baby to get use to it... Nothing like walking in someone's house and having to tip toe around, or whisper.

Some children I guess from birth are around complete silence, and any noise wakes them....

Find an outdoor craft/or something to do with your other children...?

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 22-May-13 15:43:15

How old is she?

McNewPants2013 Wed 22-May-13 15:45:19

you have my sympathy, sleep depervation is the worse.

however you cant expect the children to be quiet.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Wed 22-May-13 15:45:55

I play white noise in the bedroom while the baby sleeps. I liked the idea of getting the baby used to sleeping with background noise, but it never worked for us. But if I stick the ocean noise on loudly it drowns out almost all of dd's noise.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Wed 22-May-13 15:48:44

Oh, and sympathies. I know the feeling of waiting for dh to come home, and it sounds like you have twins.

Bogeyface Wed 22-May-13 15:52:34

With 5 other children in the house, the little one just had to get used to it! I have never tip toed around, mainly because I know how hard it was to go anywhere (even on holiday) with a baby that needs absolute dark and silence to sleep. After DC1 I ditched the black out blinds too!

Roomfor1more Wed 22-May-13 16:57:55

I don't mind noise as such like talking or playing its the shrieking and screaming that's melting my head. She's 3.

Yip, twin boys aged 14 months Fruit. They're up now, making loads of noise which is fine. Its just the fact they had been up so early I wanted them to get some rest.

StinkyElfCheese Wed 22-May-13 19:11:03

there is 2.8yr between dd1 and the dt's she was never was quiet around them at all smile

I blame her for them stopping theirs naps a day after there 1st birthday... just as she swaned off to nursery smile unless really tired they have never had an afternoon nap since .. i swear she whispered to them i wont be here so you had better keep mum busy......

try playdough ice cream factory type thing that kept her quiet for 20 minutes or coluring with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now