Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming with dh despite him apologising!

(30 Posts)
m0therofdragons Wed 22-May-13 14:04:27

Sorry for TMI but cannot possibly tell anyone in RL and need to vent! NC

So dh and I had sex and the next day I was sore (thought possible thrush) but next day I was more than sore and mentioned to dh. I said "you definitely used the latex free condoms didn't you" and he replied "oh no we'd run out" (even when I said it I expected the answer to be "of course darling")

I have a latex allergy hence the soreness and bleeding I'm now getting. He knows this but put sex above this. I cannot believe he'd do this - he's seen how my hands get if I wear rubber gloves so did he really think I wouldn't notice down below?

He has apologised and learned his lesson as he now won't be getting any until I'm recovered. But I'm still angry at him and feel like buying a feather pillow to put on his side of the bed and see how he likes it (yes, he's allergic to them) grin

GuffSmuggler Wed 22-May-13 14:06:10

Why do you have latex condoms? What an awful thing to do.

YANBU and def get him a feather pillow.

StuntGirl Wed 22-May-13 14:07:37

That's fucking awful dragon, I'd be beyond livid if my partner did that to me angry

I wouldn't be witholding sex as some form of punishment, but we'd definitely not be having any while I dealt with the fact my partner deliberately hurt me in order to have sex.

Fairylea Wed 22-May-13 14:08:05

Yanbu. Selfish arse!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Wed 22-May-13 14:08:26

Why does he have latex ones to use if you're allergic?

livingdownunder Wed 22-May-13 14:09:27

That's awful especially if he knew. Selfish.
Is it possible it was an accident? If not Yanbu.

OHforDUCKScake Wed 22-May-13 14:12:30

What an absolute arse hole.

Id never, ever see him in the same light again. Willing to damage your intimate parts just so he could have sex? Thats sick.

m0therofdragons Wed 22-May-13 14:14:32

He had an old packet in his draw from before we realised the connection.

I don't think he thought tbh, I don't think it was malicious just bloody thoughtless. Otherwise he has an impeccable record.

m0therofdragons Wed 22-May-13 14:15:26

drawer not draw, stupid phone!

MissTapestry Wed 22-May-13 14:26:07

Wow, YANBU. I'm shock that he did that to you.

badtime Wed 22-May-13 14:31:58

m0therofdragons, YANBU, but I am actually just posting to thank you for correcting 'draw' and thus preventing my head from exploding.

ConfusedPixie Wed 22-May-13 14:40:04

Jesus, that's really fucking cruel whether he thought about it or not. I have a mild reaction to latex (immediately dry and sore, no bleeding though thankfully), I couldn't imagine DP going ahead and using a latex condom with that knowledge even in the heat of the moment shock

honeytea Wed 22-May-13 14:40:09

Yanbu, I would be furious!

The first thing I would do it throw away the latex condoms.

I hope he does something special to try to make it up to you.

SybilRamkin Wed 22-May-13 15:51:21

Oh no, what a crap thing to do! flowers (unless you're allergic to those, in which case wine!

SybilRamkin Wed 22-May-13 15:52:00

*<closes parentheses. Nods to badtime>

EuroShaggleton Wed 22-May-13 15:58:36

That's awful! I remember discovering non-latex condoms and realising after many years that sex wasn't supposed to be sore!

Does he realise that allergies can get worse and you could have ended up in anaphactic shock?

CPtart Wed 22-May-13 16:31:32

An old packet?? Are they still in date??!!

FairPhyllis Wed 22-May-13 17:59:17

That's really fucking appalling. So he basically thought his orgasm was more important than you being in pain, or possibly becoming seriously ill?

I would have a really hard time getting over that level of selfishness.

JogOnKitty Wed 22-May-13 18:06:55

Iv also got an allergy to latex so I can imagine the pain you are in. sad
I would be fucking fuming if my oh had been stupid enough to use latex condoms.
So yadnbu and make sure you get rid of them so he doesnt make the same mistake again. angry

MadderHat Wed 22-May-13 18:27:47

He clearly didn't take your allergy seriously, or was thinking with something which was not his brain. He should be thinking reparations.

HibiscusIsland Wed 22-May-13 18:43:05

Definitely buy the feather pillow

LemonPeculiarJones Wed 22-May-13 19:21:40

Selfish prick! Feather pillow. And a nice feather at the bottom of his morning cup of tea.

And feathers in his pants (see how he likes it!).

LaGuardia Wed 22-May-13 20:28:17

Leave the bastard.

SybilRamkin Wed 22-May-13 20:34:12

grin grin at feathers in his pants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now