Advanced search

aibu to be sickened by neighbours but not know what to do. wwyd?

(36 Posts)
Tequilatequila Wed 22-May-13 08:45:10

We moved house a few months ago.. the ones that back on to ours behind seem to be split into flats. I'd not really noticed much until i started mat leave and was spending more time at home, and now the weathers picking up im really loosing my rag.

They are always out in the garden screaming at each other. Noticed it a lot more since sorting nursery out as that room overlooks them and i like to leave the window ajar and air washing in there sometimes. They are your typical jeremy kyle candidates. I have seen a pushchair out there but never seen a child. They seem both as violent as each other.. so much so that im scared to shout "shush" incase they figure out which house is mine and come knocking. Its a lovely area aside from them. I shalk give you a snapshot into this morning..

Hes shouting about how people should be careful around him because everyone knows hes got an anger problem and shes shouting about how shes not arsed if they take dc into care ect. Shouting louder and louder and then i looked.. and there are two staffy type dogs out there and he is punching one of them really hard. Its sickening to watch. I diddnt have enough battery on my phone to record anything and he stopped soon enough but seemed to be doing it for kicks and i need to do something. Do i call rspca or police or somewhere else?
I cant work out which house/flat it is as they are white from my view but when you drive down the road they are all red at the front i cant work it out. I just need to do something but dont knoe what to say.

Tequilatequila Wed 22-May-13 08:46:04

I do know im not bu.. it is more a wwyd orwhat would you say. I just diddnt know where to post sorry!

kiwigirl42 Wed 22-May-13 08:48:45

ring the police advice line on 111. they sound delightful.

DowntonTrout Wed 22-May-13 08:49:02

You must phone the RSPCA.

People who hurt animals make me sick.

Tabliope Wed 22-May-13 08:49:56

I'd phone the police but not 999, the other number - 101? Or is there a local police station you can go in to and speak to someone? They'd be able to advise you on the best course of action - RSPCA for the dogs, the council for the noise. How awful. Poor kids and dogs and the woman too if she's being abused.

EMS23 Wed 22-May-13 08:49:56

Work out the house number and call the RSPCA about the dog.
The rest is a bit irrelevant really. It's not nice but there's not much you can do.

SuburbanRhonda Wed 22-May-13 08:50:52

And phone the RSPCA pronto. If he can do that to a dog in full public view, he is a very dangerous person.

DeepRedBetty Wed 22-May-13 08:51:37

Hmm tricky. Charge up your phone so you can get footage if you see any more cruelty to the animals, or god forbid violence between the adults or towards the children. Totally understand why you don't want to let them know who you are.

2cats2many Wed 22-May-13 08:51:43

Call the RSPCA.

Start recording their fights and make a complaint to the noise nuisance team at the council.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 22-May-13 08:54:41

This is awful agree call advice line sad

catballou Wed 22-May-13 09:00:31

You have to do something Tequila. What a bastard he is, punching a dog.

Hazelbrowneyes Wed 22-May-13 09:01:56

Oh that is awful. I think I'd call the RSPCA straight away. I'd also perhaps call 101 to get some advice, I've always found them to be so helpful.

quoteunquote Wed 22-May-13 10:17:46

101, RSPCA and social services.

It must be vile for everyone and dogs in the house, as well as you and neighbours.

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Wed 22-May-13 10:25:49

Please call RSPCA and SS . SS can check if there's a child at the address. And if he punches the dog any more it might snap back and will have to be put down rather than re homed. Please call right away that poor dog

Quilty Wed 22-May-13 10:33:52

I would be sickened too! And poor you having to bring a baby into the world with that going on near you.

You must contact all the authorities, police, RSPCA, Social services. There is plenty of research that suggest a strong link between animal abuse and child abuse / domestic violence. Obviously I would feel very concerned for the poor little dog but my concern for what was happening to the child behind closed doors would be far greater.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Wed 22-May-13 10:38:14

Oh please please please follow this up with the police or RSPCA. I can't stand the thought of the animals being abused. I could cry just reading it.

You need to know if there is a child there too because Social Services should be alerted to his behaviour too.

mummymeister Wed 22-May-13 10:38:51

How absolutely awful that you witnessed this. It takes a lot to complain but in this case I really would as you are looking out onto these people. start with the police and rspca and ask them to come round if possible. your local council will have a dog warden and they should certainly make a visit they don't just deal with dog poo. good luck OP I hope you get it sorted as this sort of thing can be a great and ongoing stress.

shewhowines Wed 22-May-13 10:51:37

I can understand that you are too scared to get too involved, because of the repurcussions. I would be too. I think I would call 101 and the RSPCA but I would hope that I would be allowed to do it annonomously. If not, I would give my name to the RSPCA but I wouldn't get involved with the police. Hats off to you braver people.

jojane Wed 22-May-13 10:52:16

Do something today re the dog. It's being subjected to violence and god forbid It retaliates especially against one of the children in that house or somebody on the street

maidmarian2012 Wed 22-May-13 11:21:16

Im sorry you have to put up with this. Ring police non emergency and SS. They sound like utter dickheads. Poor DCs and dogs. sad

Some people shouldnt be allowed either.

pinkballetflats Wed 22-May-13 11:46:07

In my experience people who can be cruel to helpless animals don't have much bother with being cruel to helpless human beings. I would call the authorities.

catpark Wed 22-May-13 12:33:30

You can report annonymously (SP?) If your not sure what house it is then might I suggest trying googlemaps and use that to work out the overhead view then you can get the streetview of it to work out the number ?

MyDarlingClementine Wed 22-May-13 12:36:13

Much as I love dogs, if he is punching the dog and she is saying she doesn't care if the kids get taken away, its the DC I would be more concerned with.,

I think its quite well known people who are cruel to animals are probably more likely to be cruel to children.

Bedtime1 Wed 22-May-13 12:48:09

The baby and dogs are not safe there.

Can you ring all necessary people anonymously?

ddubsgirl Wed 22-May-13 12:52:38

Call council dog warden and police

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: