Advanced search

To report neighbour for loud music?

(4 Posts)
rainbowfeet Tue 21-May-13 21:57:05

Neighbour is a council tenant in the flat above mine (I'm private let)!! He is unapproachable due to previous disputes he is aggressive & abusive, I will not give him the satisfaction of shouting at me & upsetting me, so I googled & my local council have a thing where you can report on-line.
Is this cowardly? But it's now approaching 10pm I have 2 children & his next door neighbour has a young child too!! So I think I'm within my rights!!
I am guessing council log complaints for future reference.

maddening Tue 21-May-13 22:01:10


the council will send you diaries to keep of the noise - they will write to the neighbour and tell them that there has been a complaint and that there may be noise monitoring.

they may then do visits when the noise is taking place or install recording equipment and take it from there depending on what they witness or pick up recording.

jellybrain Tue 21-May-13 22:03:21

Yanbu. Please report this especially if it is persistent.

Mia4 Tue 21-May-13 22:27:08

YANBU, you should call 101 too if it gets really bad- if they can hear the music through the phone then it's recorded on their end at the very least. And please speak to your Safer neighbourhoods police team about him.

Oh and google his name if you know it, a good friend found out the neighbour who was a shit to his next doors (not her) has already been taken to court and evicted from one property for the same behaviour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now