Talk

Advanced search

Aaaggghhhh

(44 Posts)
louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 21:51:42

Oh my god!! I came home from work today and my DH had decided to cut my DD's hair and it looks so awful that I burst in to tears as soon as I saw her 😢 I am so fucking angry!!! What the fuck was he thinking??? I am now in the bath trying to calm down and not to wrap my hands round his neck...

dilanddan Tue 21-May-13 22:00:16

Oh nooo! If it were me, o.h would be the one crying... Don't worr too much, it'll grow back soon smile maybe scalp you o.h in the night while he sleeps?? It's the only way he'll learn!x

dilanddan Tue 21-May-13 22:00:38

*worry

louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 22:03:54

With watching everything unfold in Oklahoma today I do feel like a silly cow but it truly does look horrendous. She is going to my mums tomorrow and I know it will really upset her too. I am so angry that he would just do something like this. Maybe scalping is the answer...with a rusty blade!

McNewPants2013 Tue 21-May-13 22:06:40

Did DH do it or take her to the hairdressers.

nightingalefloor Tue 21-May-13 22:07:41

When you say cut, do you mean trimmed or hacked off? Could you not take her to the hairdresser tomorrow and get it tidied up? How old is she?

space21 Tue 21-May-13 22:08:23

Oh dear! How old is DD? Is it salvageable with a trip to the hairdresser?
I cut DS hair once and he looked like Brother Cadfael for a few weeks until it grew back. Never again.

louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 22:13:24

It's all his own handywork and i mean hacked. he has cut it so short I can't do anything with it. DD is 2 and had hair to under her shoulder blades that was dead straight from the top and ringlets at the bottom (can you tell how heartbroken I am?) it is now just below her ears and looks like cadfael. I am truly in shocked and so sad and angry

louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 22:15:07

I mentioned last week about maybe cutting her hair for the summer as she is not a fan of tying it up. Did not say yay or nay just idle chit chat

Loulybelle Tue 21-May-13 22:17:39

Do you hair clippers, when hes asleep shave TWAT into his bed.

Loulybelle Tue 21-May-13 22:17:55

bed = head

Beamur Tue 21-May-13 22:19:30

grin at Loulybelle
Your DH is a berk to not realise this was a BAD thing to do.

NoelHeadbands Tue 21-May-13 22:22:48

What in gods name possessed him?

nightingalefloor Tue 21-May-13 22:30:51

Poor you and poor DD sad At least it'll grow back though, could be worse. In the meantime, is she a bow/flower person? You can get them cheap on amazon, they can also be attached to the stretchy Alice bands if easier than clip in, fairly easy to attach with superglue. You could also do a mini french plait at the front by her ears.

louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 22:33:42

I have no idea. He is a very hands on dad and was raised with 3 younger sisters...maybe its because he is a fuckwit! As soon as he saw me burst in to tears he realised. This is also the week he decided 'no more dummy at bed time' and so we have had 3 nights of wailing crying all the while I am at work everyday (he is off this week)

McNewPants2013 Tue 21-May-13 22:34:22

What process him.

louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 22:36:56

Thanks nightingalefloor - you are right. I am a bit worried about my mum tomorrow. She normally has DD 3 days a week so is very involved in her care, we are very similar and wondering whether I should text her (just say she's had her hair cut, nothing negative) or leave it for her to see tomorrow?

nightingalefloor Tue 21-May-13 22:37:03

Something like this? My DD loves these.

www.amazon.com/Ema-Jane-Grosgrain-Stretchy-Headbands/dp/B005KC8NH0/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

Loulybelle Tue 21-May-13 22:37:14

earplug Louisa, and let him deal with DD.

waltermittymissus Tue 21-May-13 22:41:49

What a fucking arsehole!

I can't believe he just hacked off her hair! Unless he's a hairdresser (which I'm assuming he's not) it's a very odd and stupid thing to do!

nightingalefloor Tue 21-May-13 22:42:57

I'd text her and warn her- simply because if she's shocked when she sees DD then you're likely to get upset. and dunk DH in it completely so he knows to stick to gardening in future if he wants a good hack!

Nagoo Tue 21-May-13 22:45:37

YY to the 'twat-do' and then shrug it off with 'no need to get upset, it's just hair...' wink

bookforgoddaughter Tue 21-May-13 22:50:34

I feel a little bit sorry for him. He probably thought he was doing a good thing. It's encouraging that he is doing something that other men may see as 'mother's work.' Forgive him, he won't do it again and hair grows.

I'll get my coat.

louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 22:52:32

No he's not a hairdresser and defo should not change career. He is very odd and very stupid! If I take the anger away he's intentions were good but he is a bloke, he doesn't understand about face shapes and what's flattering or not. I know she is a kid but she is a beautiful kid and her hair was so lovely.

louisawhitegenius Tue 21-May-13 22:53:52

That's just my opinion by the way! Everyone's kids are beautiful!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now