Talk

Advanced search

aibu or was I harsh to the phone agent?

(19 Posts)
HiddenInTheMist Tue 21-May-13 20:43:07

I received a faulty mobile last week and I've been trying to sort it out since Friday.

Rang up customer services and the woman answered and said the line was really bad and she could barely hear me (to be fair, it was quite bad). I started to give her my details and she apologised again and said that the line was bad and she couldn't hear me.

So I told her that if this isn't sorted then I am going to trading standards and she needs to get a grip.

WIBU?

TheChaoGoesMu Tue 21-May-13 20:44:05

hmm

QOD Tue 21-May-13 20:44:22

Eh?
She has a bad line and you're taking her to trading standards?
Yabu

YABU and rude, why did she have to get a grip?

pictish Tue 21-May-13 20:46:44

Um...well...I'm not sure how you can report her to trading standards for not hearing you on a bad line.

But you can try.

TequilaMockinBird Tue 21-May-13 20:48:31

hmm YABU

HiddenInTheMist Tue 21-May-13 20:48:59

No I wouldn't be reporting her, but the company she works for.

pictish Tue 21-May-13 20:50:11

For what?

You told her she needs to get a grip - why? Because you had a bad line? From what you've said, she was polite and trying to help, but couldn't hear you, so you were rude to her. Yabu, sorry

Teeb Tue 21-May-13 21:03:27

Yabu

MalcolmTuckersMum Tue 21-May-13 21:04:35

Is it full moon? Is this a 'Sharon' thing?

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Tue 21-May-13 21:05:16

I don't understand. You blame her for a bad line or you think she was somehow negligent for not being able to hear you?

scarletforya Tue 21-May-13 21:09:17

Yes yabu.

Did you really speak to her like that? You were very rude and unreasonable.

AnneTwacky Tue 21-May-13 21:13:50

Finally, I get to give my very first biscuit

CookieLady Tue 21-May-13 21:15:48

How was it her fault that she couldn't hear you? Yabu.

NicknameIncomplete Tue 21-May-13 21:15:51

Oh yeah OP i think u need to report her and report her now. How dare she not hear u because of a bad line.

nightingalefloor Tue 21-May-13 21:38:14

Surely if she can't hear you, she can't hear you? hmm

Naoko Tue 21-May-13 21:44:19

So when I phoned tax credits last week and ended up telling the man on the phone I couldn't hear him because of the bad line and I'd phone back later, I also needed to get a grip? hmm If only I'd realised that sooner - it's not my hearing or the shoddy sound quality, I just need to get a grip!

Also, a threat like 'if this isn't sorted I'll take you to trading standards' is only credible and effective if they actually know what you want sorting. If they can't hear your complaint because of the bad line, how are they supposed to sort it? They're not psychic. If you write a letter of complaint instead and it gets lost in the post (which is the equivalent!), they also wouldn't be able to fix it because they'd not know there's a problem.

foslady Tue 21-May-13 21:51:57

She'd have said out aloud 'You'll never guess what mine's just said.....' and laughed.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now