Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to feel a bit sad about this . . .

(5 Posts)
MrsMelons Tue 21-May-13 18:21:31

I was very involved in some charity for a quite a few years, due to other committments I can no longer do this. I organised pretty much everything within the organisation both work stuff and social. I met some amazing people who I saw and spoke to nearly every day for years.

I am feeling really quite low about the fact that I am not involved in the same way (I still help out from a distance), it almost feels like grieving which is so ridiculous I know. I do still see them regularly but find it difficult as they are still all involved in the charity work full time.

I am not sure I can even articulate how I feel about it all, I feel jealous that everything is carrying on without me and they are together all the time, I am finding it hard that I don't see them so often and I know it is all completely irrational. It is even silly things like they are organising the socials when I used to (I am invited to them btw)

My current job means I work alone a lot so I guess I also miss the company during the day, I have a busy social life so not so bad in the evenings and weekends.

Please come and tell me I am being a complete loon but also help cheer me up smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 21-May-13 19:13:53

MrsMelons I understand....it's hard. Is there anything else going on that's bothering you?

Punkatheart Tue 21-May-13 19:17:19

You are not a loon - but you do sound a bit low. Teamwork is great isn't it? Are you due to stay at your job? It does sound a bit lonely.

Sending nice thoughts.

Bowlersarm Tue 21-May-13 19:18:37

I don't think you sound like a loon.

You are just mourning a part of your life which was incredibly important to you, and you have moved on and lost this part of your life. It needs a period of adjustment, and I'm sure will become easier.

You can still look forward to participating but on a much smaller scale.

MrsMelons Tue 21-May-13 19:31:10

Aw thank you everyone! I think you are right about losing that part of my life, I loved doing the voluntary work and was so much more rewarding than any paid work I have ever done, we also made a big difference to lots of people (can't say too much as would be quite obvious to anyone who knows me).

I am feeling really low about this but everything else is actually really good, DH and Dcs are lovely also. I think I have a tendancy to feel like this at times as I do dwell on things often. I also think part of me liked the fact they relied heavily on me but we worked hard on the transition and they are completely fine without me sad

My job is likely to be very permanent and is actually really good, I could work more as part of a team but the main office has moved to over an hour away which means I tend to work remotely locally as it is hard juggling the travelling with the DCs. At the main office it is mainly men who are all lovely but its not the same as having the girls around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now