Talk

Advanced search

To think I am turning into Ms Judgy Pants

(4 Posts)
Notcontent Mon 20-May-13 21:31:21

This is meant to be fairly light hearted, but really, so many things annoy me/make me judge people these days... Is it just me? Probably...

Just a few examples from recent days.

Mother at the playground lighting up, around lots of small children, and then just throwing her still smoking butt on the ground next to the slide. There was a bin about a metre away...

All the litter around London. Why can't people use bins? I come from a country with a similar culture to the UK, but there is no litter or dog poo, because everyone is taught from a young age that littering is just not on.

All the teen guys walking round with their hands down their pants and/or their trousers half way down their legs. I reckon the police should caution them for indecency... grin

Young children walking to school in the morning with a can of soft drink and/or chocolate bar in their hand. Very common around where I live.

Shaky Tue 21-May-13 00:04:30

I am in deep rural Wales. I'm very sorry to be no help at all sad

KhaosandKalamity Tue 21-May-13 05:15:23

All valid concerns, but not much you can do about it. Teach your own kids not to litter, feed them an appropriate breakfast, encourage pants around the waist not the thighs (all of which I'm sure you do anyway). But as far as everyone else goes, learn to ignore it. You will only end up depressing yourself if you continue to worry, I know from experience, I almost made myself grey watching the neighbor children riding their tricycles in the middle of the street. Everyone on the street, except their parents, has warned them that it is dangerous but they are still out there as late as 9pm in the pissing rain. Oh god, it is getting to me again, time for a cup of tea and deep breathing. One for you too brew.

KhaosandKalamity Tue 21-May-13 05:18:12

And now my partner is mad at you for getting me started on the kids and their trikes, I will be ranting all night.

Far easier to advise someone to ignore it than it is to do it yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now