Talk

Advanced search

To think British Gas is a bit cheeky....

(4 Posts)
Drywhiteplease Mon 20-May-13 19:42:36

Last week I got a (hefty) quote from BG . I've had one other quote (£1500 cheaper) and am waiting for 2 more.
This evening I received a courtesy call from BG asking me whether I had decided ....I said I was waiting for all my quotes to arrive and that I had received one which was considerably cheaper.
The lady then said " how would £400 off sound to you?"
I was a bit shock . I know with BG you have the security and experience of a big company etc etc.....but if they can drop £400 just like that without even going through the quote.....made me really wonder about their integrity that's all.
Do you think it's weird ?

SarahAndFuck Mon 20-May-13 20:18:29

A quote for what?

Although, yes, if they can knock £400 of the quote without even thinking about it, I would also wonder what they were up to and think they were trying it on.

Drywhiteplease Mon 20-May-13 22:22:42

Change my boiler, new hot water cylinder, radiators etc.....big job

cozietoesie Mon 20-May-13 22:40:54

Sadly no, I don't think it's weird. Most big companies are so desperate to keep you locked in to their services, they'll drop huge amounts off quotes if they think you mean it. (Anyone who just accepts a renewal insurance quote without protest/query for instance is a darned fool.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now