Talk

Advanced search

To think there is absolutely nothing wrong if 6yo DS wants to wear my nail varnish?

(16 Posts)
KansasCityOctopus Mon 20-May-13 11:00:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sianilaa Mon 20-May-13 11:05:30

YANBU, I agree with you. My 3 year old son loves his nails painted, the pinker the better! I only let him do it during school holidays. DH doesn't mention it but I've had plenty of derogatory comments from my mum, friends, etc. I just say, "did you mean to be so sexist?!" Or "we don't believe in gender stereotyping in our house". Or something like that!

HaveToWearHeels Mon 20-May-13 11:07:51

YANBU, let him do what he enjoys.

Needsgoodadvice Mon 20-May-13 11:09:32

Nothing wrong with it at all! Paint them all, he's only a child, its not doing any harm. My lovely nephew who is 6 loves to put heels on, bracelets, necklaces and even clips and hairbands in his hair! I love that he doesn't care, its only us adults that have problems with it! X

Flobbadobs Mon 20-May-13 11:13:27

Easier to let him have some nail varnish than the alternative...
DS's 2 friends turned up at ours not long ago with marker pen coloured nails as they were curious and wanted to see what it would look like. Apparently the word 'permanent' is just there to fill space on the label rather than a warning that it won't come off...
They are 12 btw... Lovely lads but common sense is a little lacking!
YANBU x

Toadinthehole Mon 20-May-13 11:44:56

LOL at it being OK to tart up a 6yo boy but not a 6yo girl.

5madthings Mon 20-May-13 11:47:00

Yanbu all the madboys have had nail polish on fingers and toes if they wanted it, ds3 and ds4 still like it. Dd is two and likes to have her toe nails painted if she sees me doing mine smile its just play and a bit of fun smile

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 20-May-13 11:48:09

My opinion too Toad.grin
If it was a little girl the thread would have gone a totally different way.
I think fine for both though.

Moxiegirl Mon 20-May-13 11:52:00

Haha toad was thinking the same grin

KansasCityOctopus Mon 20-May-13 12:16:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YANBU!! My DH was disgusted when my DS was little when I bought him a hoover and a kitchen.

You should have seen his face when DS started wearing a necklace and carrying a handbag grin

JackieTheFart Mon 20-May-13 12:24:58

I just posted on the other make up and nails thread - one of my four year olds love it! DH doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

He has 'painted' his own toenails this weekend with a felt pen. He looks lovely grin

rainbowslollipops Mon 20-May-13 13:26:13

Why not? it's being creative and artistic.

Lottapianos Mon 20-May-13 13:27:49

It shouldn't be a problem at all. It's just playing and wanting to copy something he has seen an adult do. Good for you for going with it smile

Asteria Mon 20-May-13 13:34:00

My DS used to love nail varnish - he also used to love dressing up and putting on shows for me. That boy could put together a cracking outfit and walks far better than me in my heels! He is now a monstrous rugger bugger, but still has an eye for the sparkle!

Peevish Mon 20-May-13 13:37:28

My one-year-old DS adores it when I paint his toenails. Not his fingernails because he chews it off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now