Talk

Advanced search

Everyone was unreasonable, come scream into a pillow with me about parking. <non event warning>

(8 Posts)
Saidar Sun 19-May-13 15:37:15

We walked to town. DH to ill to walk home. A taxi was called and brought us home. Taxi must have parked a bit too far forward as next door neighbour peeped his horn from the drive for us to move. He had been standing on the path when we parked and started taking out bags, he chose to comminicate not through words but via a horn, ie. walking away, into his car then peeping. His choice I suppose, I genuinely didn't realise we were over the line and we asked the taxi driver to pull back. We were unreasonable.

But this is the fuck-knuckle of a neighbour who parks over my drive all the bloody time! The amount of times I cannot get off my bloody drive for this man and his wife parking over my drive instead of on their own drive.

We were in the wrong today so I have no high ground, I am just as bad as them now.

Boils me piss though.

PodgyTumWellies Sun 19-May-13 15:51:00

Oh sorry, OP, that made me laugh. But that would quite seriously boil my piss too.

cornypedicure Sun 19-May-13 15:52:28

next time he parks over your drive get him towed

PodgyTumWellies Sun 19-May-13 15:52:31

Laugh in how you phrased it, not at you, I mean.

We have a neighbour who parks along our wall. There is room, fine, if we all squish up, but he parks in the middle of the damn thing, so we cannot park ourselves. And it is actually private property, as it is a private road. AND he has allocated parking on the road at the other side of the house which he chooses not to use!

That boils my piss.

I am SO using that phrase from now on.

ReluctantlyBeingYoniMassaged Sun 19-May-13 15:55:17

You should have mis-interpreted his toot and waved cheerily at him as you continued to unpack the car.

Saidar Sun 19-May-13 16:27:58

<hugs MN>

I knew you lot would understand.

It's so trivial but it's one of those upsets like a flea bite, the supposed injustive of it is itching me!

VIX1980 Sun 19-May-13 16:36:05

As i type this i have my dp's car on the drive blocked in by my neighbours car as she couldnt park outside her own house as her teenage daughter who is crap at driving in general has taken up 2 spaces and parked half in the street half near to the kerb

This is the same neighbour who will park within mm's of our drive so she can get 3 cars outside her house and the one next door as her precious cargo cant possibly walk across the road.

Me meanwhile parks 5 doors away on the opposite side, managed to carry 4 bags of shopping, a wriggly ten month old and his nappy bag, whilst opening the front door.

i must add her youngest is 7, so the fact she tells people to move from outside her house or wheels her bin ot to watch her space "boils my piss" !

Mia4 Sun 19-May-13 19:36:57

If someone blocks you in, especially constantly, then report them. They might be more considerate in future.

Since yours was a taxi OP, i.e. about to leave then I think he was being a bit unreasonable for all for five minutes with you there unless he was trying to pull out his drive.

Next time he does it to you, report or knock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now