Talk

Advanced search

to just stop making the effort with my sister?

(2 Posts)
HiddenInTheMist Sun 19-May-13 11:44:33

My sister has always been a relationship and family kind of person. And just doesn't seem to have room in her life for me anymore.

I went travelling for 4 months last year, she sent me one email the entire time and when I replied she never bothered to reply back. I called her twice, second time she sounded like she couldn't be bothered at all. When I got home and went to see her she acted as if I'd only been gone a week.

She sometimes makes the effort with her friends - meeting them for a drink after work or having a spar day. The amount of times I suggest something I get a "yeah ... I can't do it next week maybe the week afterwards" and yet it still never happens.

I've stayed at hers a couple of times, but it was me asking if I could - not her inviting me.

I just feel like she thinks that as I'm her sister she doesn't have to make the same effort she would. And if we were only friends this friendship would have ended years ago due to lack of effort.

MomsNetCurtains Sun 19-May-13 11:56:13

Why don't you have a chat with her? Tell her how you feel; she may not realise how she is hurting you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now