Doubtfuldaphne Sun 19-May-13 00:04:31

A nice advert on tv
My dd's first ballet lesson
Someone doing something good on Britains got talent
My teenage ds telling me he loves me
The news
Some YouTube videos
Music
One born every minute/most hospital based programmes/ actually most programmes on tv
Books

Oh it goes on!
Is it normal woman behaviour to cry this often?

NotYoMomma Sun 19-May-13 00:06:12

Yes

disclaimer - pregnant

Lj8893 Sun 19-May-13 00:17:00

I cry at everything at the moment, but I do have the excuse of being pregnant.

Pre pregnancy I have been known to shed the odd tear over things that move me but I'm not usually a big cryer. Not like I am now!!

TheMouseDancing Sun 19-May-13 00:27:33

Yanbu, I'm the same since I became pregnant, my dd is 13 months now and I still cry at everything!

I was reading dd a book about a teddy bear that gets lost, and even that set me off! I also had to turn the tv over the other day as I was watching a programme about the RSPCA and was bawling my eyes out when some seals were released back into the wild smile

AgentZigzag Sun 19-May-13 00:35:35

It's good you can just let it out and don't feel inhibited about who's around and where you are, but does that mean you're unable to control it and end up crying at really awkward times?

That can make for a bit of an atmosphere sometimes, and means people will treat you differently (with kid gloves?) in case you start up?

I don't mean that in a harsh way, but you can't ignore that it affects the people around you.

The things on the list in your OP are mostly happy, and a happy crier is better than a more general one IMO.

I'm the opposite and only cry once in a blue moon, but then I'm a pretty unemotional person which probably isn't as healthy as it could be.

Doubtfuldaphne Sun 19-May-13 08:54:54

Oh I'm very embarrassed by it and I usually blame the old 'something in the eye'!

MummytoKatie Sun 19-May-13 09:34:35

Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?

Last September I suddenly turned to dh and said "I think ttcing may have worked". "Why?" he said. "Because I'm just so glad the girl got through on the X factor" I say with tears running down my face.

Currently 38 + 2.

SoleSource Sun 19-May-13 10:53:43

Non pregnant here

Just shed a few small, quiet yezrs at Aled Jone's choice of classical music on Classic FM

Doubtfuldaphne Sun 19-May-13 11:03:01

No my youngest is 2.5 and it started as soon as I was pregnant..
Maybe my hormones never went back to normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now