Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I tattle on unprofessional PA.....

(4 Posts)
dru77 Sat 18-May-13 22:57:34

I am leaving work in a couple of weeks for a new job. My boss recently took on a new temp PA and she is a bit of a character. She likes to chat for ages, bigging herself up and claiming people are throwing job offers at her. Last week she disclosed some info to me that she is only in reciept of due to her position as PA. Basically she has been reading all our boss's emails and gossiping to me about some content that relates to me.

This is clearly unprofessional of her but I am in two minds about whether to tell my boss. I don't want to create enemies in my last weeks there but if she is gossiping to me then maybe she is being indiscreet to others too. I always thought the cardinal rule of being a PA was discretion.

AIBU to tattle?

Iaintdunnuffink Sat 18-May-13 23:01:14

Maybe say something gently to her first?

AgentZigzag Sat 18-May-13 23:01:23

If she's up to this in such a short time of being there then she'll probably have enough rope to hang herself given time.

I don't think it'd make you feel any better, and what is the company to you if you're leaving?

It'd mean you were doing it to get her into trouble.

Don't get involved, and congratulations on the new job, onwards/upwards and all that.

raisah Sun 19-May-13 05:23:49

Mention something discretely but also make sure she knows that she isnt doing herself any favours if she wants a permanant job with the company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now