Talk

Advanced search

To cry real tears for a mumsnet poster when I don't actually know her in real life.

(23 Posts)
DoingStuffForHarriet Sat 18-May-13 21:58:04

Someone in the Litter Tray whose cat had to be PTS. I feel so desperately sorry for her and have cried real tears. Sobbed actually.

Is it normal to get so involved with people that you don't know personally, or is there something wrong with me?

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 18-May-13 21:58:53

It's perfectly normal.

Wolfiefan Sat 18-May-13 22:00:31

If it is Fabcat then
A) you ANBU
B) you are not alone

Discus99 Sat 18-May-13 22:02:14

Absolutely normal. I love cats and still think about my cats that I said goodbye to over 15 years ago.

HotCrossPun Sat 18-May-13 22:02:58

I've had a catch in my throat at some of the things I've read on here, it's totally normal.

There are lots of laughs to be had on MN, but sometimes you read something and it resonates with you, and it's difficult not to get emotionally involved.

everlong Sat 18-May-13 22:05:24

Oh god I frequently have tears in my eyes.

Normal OP.

HollyBerryBush Sat 18-May-13 22:06:19

errrr

Theselittlelightsofmine Sat 18-May-13 22:07:08

I have cried at few threads on here without knowing any in real life.

Passmethecrisps Sat 18-May-13 22:07:11

Oh totally normal! I have lay awake at night worrying about MNetters. I would certainly cry if one of 'my crew' had anything bad happen.

bobthebear Sat 18-May-13 22:07:42

YANBU to feel sad for another poster

YABU to have sobbed over it

MammaTJ Sat 18-May-13 22:08:47

I have o clue what you are talking about but I do often, far too often cry real tears over things I read on here.

Last one was lady with disabilities herself, looking after disabled DC and wanting her DH to take some time off work because she is exhausted. I wanted to gather her and her children up and hug them.

NicholasTeakozy Sat 18-May-13 22:12:02

YANBU in the slightest. Fab and family are going to miss Mushroom. There are loads more things on MN that make me sad too.

DoingStuffForHarriet Sat 18-May-13 22:13:56

Wolfiefan
It was Fabcat. I'm so glad that I'm not alone.

FabCatsSlave Sat 18-May-13 22:16:31

Sorry DSFH. I am thinking it may have been a mistake to post as quite a few posters have shed tears. I had left MN and only actually came back as FABCat already had a long thread and I just wanted to let those who had posted on her thread know what was happening.

travellingwilbury Sat 18-May-13 22:20:52

Sounds normal to me , I laugh at some things and cry at others , its all emotions .

marzipanned Sat 18-May-13 22:23:36

Oh, FabCatsSlave, I know you're planning on leaving, but please don't think it was a mistake to post. What kind of a world would this be if we couldn't share each other's pain? You are going through an incredibly tough time; don't feel guilty that you have made people feel. And sometimes a good cry is exactly what we all need.

FayeKorgasm Sat 18-May-13 22:25:45

It is a sign of a generous and kind hearted person to be able to empathise with the pain of others.

There is nothing wrong with shedding a few tears.

DoingStuffForHarriet Sat 18-May-13 22:27:16

Nooooo FabCatsSlave. Please don't think for one second that I am complaining about your thread. I loved reading about your old girl and my tears were for her and for you and I wouldn't want you to think for one moment that you shouldn't have started that thread.

Wolfiefan Sat 18-May-13 22:33:47

Oh no FabCatsSlave! Please don't think leave or think you should not have posted. Whilst I may have shed a tear, I also thought back over all the wonderful moments I've had with the cat we lost and the one we still have. I had an extra cuddle with the furry baggage and laughed my head off tonight as the mad old geriatric chased a bouncy ball round the house!

shallweshop Sat 18-May-13 22:37:04

Not at all - I have cried loads at posts on here, including Fabcats. You are just a caring human being.

ParsingFancy Sat 18-May-13 22:45:29

Oh Fab, I did wonder where you'd disappeared to. Thank you so much for coming back to tell us about FabCat, and sharing her pictures with us.

Best wishes for that Real Life thingy, which I've heard exists outside MN...

KatyDid02 Sat 18-May-13 22:52:14

YANBU. Your reactions, your business. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. There is no harm in crying, it's not hurting anybody else; that is why I think YANBU.

Sunnywithshowers Sat 18-May-13 22:52:50

Fab I'm glad you came back, even though it was sad news. xxx

YANBU OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now