Talk

Advanced search

Exhausted, sore and very p*****d off

(23 Posts)
PrincessTeacake Sat 18-May-13 12:11:52

Background for the sake of clarity, I have fibromyalgia, am on long term meds and I don't drink much so I'm a complete lightweight. I live in the bowels of the countryside but I come to the city to work. On work nights I stay in a B+B, other nights I lodge with my friend and I do pay her rent when I stay.

So I made plans with a nanny friend who's going back to her home country soon. The friend I lodge with told me I couldn't stay Saturday because her boyfriend was coming over. Fair enough says I, I make the plans for Friday i.e. last night. We have a few drinks and I leave early to get back to my friend s house.

When I get there, she hisses at me that I can't stay because her boyfriend is there. I'm tipsy and knackered, don't really know how to react so I agree to leave after I've used the bathroom and grabbed some clothes. She barely let me do that.

So I trek back into town to find somewhere to stay for the night, but there's some massive rugby match on and everywhere is fully booked. I spend 3 hours walking around like the virgin mary by myself looking for somewhere safe to spend the night. Then my mobility problems kick in and I spend another half hour trying to get my legs to work.

I finally found a place to sta,y, I stumbled across it while I was on my way back to the bus station to wait on the 7am bus that would take me home. Now I'm in the station, I feel like one gigantic bruise and I'm fuming.

IneedAsockamnesty Sat 18-May-13 12:13:33

Why? She told you sat not fri.

Icantstopeatinglol Sat 18-May-13 12:17:10

Why couldn't you stay if her bf was there? God I would never throw a friend out with nowhere to go ever!
Yanbu! I'd be very peed off too! I have arthritis so I can imagine how much pain you'd now be in!
Poor you x

EllaFitzgerald Sat 18-May-13 12:22:48

I can understand why you'd be cheesed off, especially as she told you Saturday, not Friday. Pretty unforgivable turfing a friend out into the night.

Are you absolutely reliant on her? I don't think I'd ever stay there again. I wonder whether she's changed her mind about the arrangement and doesn't have the decency to tell you it isn't working anymore?

JeeanieYuss Sat 18-May-13 12:28:56

Doesn't sound much of a friend to me...
I'd be making her an ex-friend pretty damn quick!
Hope you feel better soon.

StuntGirl Sat 18-May-13 13:58:02

I agree she doesn't sound like any kind of friend. I would happily cut contact with someone who treated me like that. I presume she knows about your health issues?

Jinty64 Sat 18-May-13 14:25:43

Arrange to stay in B&B in future and ditch the friend. A friend does not turn you away with no place to stay.

greenformica Sat 18-May-13 14:56:54

There was obviously some kind of mix up with days - either you misheard or she said the days wrong.

Also why didn't you just phone around sat in a nice cafe with the yellow pages - rather then aimlessly walking round? Tourist information usually know of any hotels with free rooms also

thebody Sat 18-May-13 15:03:29

Why can't you stay anyway whether her boy friend is there it not?

How immature and daft she sounds.

I would say she's fed up with having you and doesn't want up say.

Book a b&b from now on.

DogsAreEasierThanChildren Sat 18-May-13 15:05:10

greenformica, did you miss the bit where she said it was the middle of the night? Your town may have nice cafes open at 3 am, but mine doesn't.

OP YANBU. Sorry you had such a horrible time.

I'd have nothing more to do with her.

trashcanjunkie Sat 18-May-13 15:08:23

I think you need to read between the lines here. She's not your friend. Make other arrangements. For your own piece of mind you could ask her if she felt put upon, but ultimately these aren't the actions of someone you can rely on in future.

thefirstmrsrochester Sat 18-May-13 16:10:26

She is no friend to you. What a disgraceful way to treat another person. You could have come to harm wandering around late at night, by your self. Presumably she was aware that this was a possibility. And she is aware of your health concerns?
Time to ditch her and find friends who treat you well.
Hope you feel better soon brew and thanks

PrincessTeacake Sat 18-May-13 17:45:52

Just got home at last, my Dad picked me up and then brought me for a trip to the garden centre (we'd been planning to go today but really felt like just having a quick snooze on the pile of compost bags).

This is actually pretty much the last straw, she's been bugging the hell out of me for a while now. I don't think the mix-up was down to me because I would fully admit it if it was, but because of my health issues I tend to plan things down to the last second and I'd never leave it to chance that I could stay some random night. I swear she just said Saturday. I think what may have happened was her boyfriend decided to come early and she just went with it. And yes, she is fully aware that I have health problems, she does too and we talk about them a lot.

I don't think it's an unsubtle way to get rid of me, she's actually pretty clingy and the reason I put up with so much crap from her is because she doesn't have many friends and I see her as vulnerable. We had a falling out just two weeks ago because she got ridiculously over-sensitive over some baking thing I was teasing her about, we drew a line under it and decided to let it go because I pointed out that she has made multiple very personal, very hurtful comments about me that I have just laughed off. And back when I was living in the city she did have a habit of ending up at my place unexpectedly and I never made an issue of it.

Guh, I am just fuming still. Thanks for letting me vent.

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sat 18-May-13 17:47:45

If I heard that someone I know had done that to anyone, I'd say they're lucky they never got a punch in the fucking mouth!

How utterly disgusting! OP this woman is a vile piece of self serving shite.

You wouldn't do what she done to you to an enemy.

Vile vile vile creature.

McNewPants2013 Sat 18-May-13 17:53:35

I would even charge a friend rent to stay the night, never mind kicking them out in the middle of the night.

Euphemia Sat 18-May-13 18:13:56

She's not a friend, she's a habit. Kick her arse into touch. What a cow.

Groovee Sat 18-May-13 19:14:05

She is a waste of space as a friend.

Vivacia Sat 18-May-13 19:25:35

What does "wandering around like the virgin Mary" entail?

ShatnersBassoon Sat 18-May-13 19:33:34

Looking for an inn with room, Vivacia.

Numberlock Sat 18-May-13 19:34:57

.... she means there was no room at the inn, nowhere to stay, as in the Virgin Mary on the night Jesus was born.

Numberlock Sat 18-May-13 19:36:26

You're not unreasonable but you will be if you ever go back, other to collect your stuff and tell her to piss off.

Where are you staying tonight?

Vivacia Sat 18-May-13 19:39:20

Ah, of course thanks for explaining. I was imagining a post-crucifixion Mary and couldn't figure it out.

OP, I hope you can distance yourself from this 'friend'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now