Talk

Advanced search

...in not wanting to hear the music being played by the people who live on the street behind me...

(11 Posts)
ElectricalBanana Fri 17-May-13 21:36:29

we live in a terrace...behind us is our small garden, a ginnel and then the house behind us...with a fuck off "party palace" built out of wood an tarpaulin which covers the whole garden (i did think of Mrs De Vere as it was erected). Acually it covers two gardens as they have joined two terraces together....

The music is loud. So loud we can hear it and feel it in the front room of our house. I know its only 9:30pm but from experience this will go on all night into the wee hours.

Cant go round and ask nicely.....i would like to keep my teeth.

Yes we could inform Env Health but this is now....this is tonight. I dread the summer if this party palace stays up.....

whoopwhoopbib Fri 17-May-13 21:45:03

Yanbu, no help I'm afraid but we have this problem with a house behind us and a house two doors down. Last year was awful as dd was a tiny baby and I slept in her room with her but the noise they were making was so loud it kept waking her up angry.

Do they have them frequently? Ours were roughly every weekend but, like you, it wouldn't have been wise to knock on their doors.

ElectricalBanana Fri 17-May-13 21:47:21

every weekend.....a couple of years ago we think they were reported as OH heard them shouting they had to keep the noise down as someone grassed on them (wasnt us - we had been on holiday)

itsnothingoriginal Fri 17-May-13 21:54:21

Keep a record of exactly the times when the music went on/off tonight and how it affects you eg where you can hear it in your house. Phone env health tomorrow or Monday and they'll send you an official diary which you can update when it happens and send back to them. They will then have to investigate and deal with it especially if as you say the problem is on going.

You have my sympathy - we had similar problems with a neighbour playing loud music. Truly annoying..

ElectricalBanana Fri 17-May-13 21:58:51

thanks for your advice...

the amusing thing is OH and i are bikers who are into some very hard rock. But we respect others and play it at a reasonable level. I sometimes like to listen to radio 2 in the garden (yes v rock n roll) and i will stand at all four corners to make sure it is quiet enough. I am forever apologising to our next door neighbour as i am a childminder too so we have a few noisy children in the house. they say they dont hear it all.

bloody hell its Robbie now on full blast...telly is all the way up to 11

maddening Fri 17-May-13 22:03:01

make a complaint to environmental health - it is unacceptable.

quesadilla Fri 17-May-13 22:05:30

Noise pollution is a total nightmare. I lived with it (all night, every night), for a year and it basically led to me flunking my postgrad. Phone environmental health, get the diary and start logging. You will need to be pretty vigilant about logging it because I think you will need to show its a pattern not a one-off.

ElectricalBanana Fri 17-May-13 22:41:20

karaoke now.....so loud its making the windows hum

maddening Fri 17-May-13 22:47:43

seriously get the complaint started - it takes ages - a month or so of diaries and then sound recording equipment and eh officer visits to listen to the noise and out of hours teams gathering evidence - this is your chance as it is the start of the summer season - eh teams will be busy as there is more noise complaints in the summer - so start the ball rolling as this is when they will be noisiest for gathering evidence.

LastTangoInDevonshire Fri 17-May-13 22:51:32

We get this every day, 3 times a day in our village. Thumpingly loud music that can be heard for at least half a mile............from the village Primary School (because one of the helpers is a Line Dancing Fanatic and has 3 children who like doing it in the playground). Hence.....thumpingly loud music......we pray for rain in our village !!!

ElectricalBanana Fri 17-May-13 23:02:09

OH has sent an email to EH......i was a bit worried as he is pissed but i think sending the email has relieved him of some pent up frustration

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now