Talk

Advanced search

To send tell this Ebay buyer

(40 Posts)
TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:00:54

to get to the furthest possible end of fuck, fuck himself roundly and fucking stay there until fuck freezes over?

Sold an item £20. Retail price £15 so hardly the sale of the century. Pre-sale he mails me asking will I take £16 to incl postage. Given that I'm not a complete fuckwit I declined his money-losing idea and proceeded with the auction. Unfortunately he won.
He paid immediately - postage by Hermes @ £3.30 - and then the mails started. Would I please send RM 1st as he needs it tomorrow (Saturday). I replied of course, happy to - RM cost would be £5.65 - would he like to paypal me the difference. So far, I think, so reasonable?
No - he doesn't like that. Could I send it 2nd class? Sure - no problem. RM 2nd class £5.20. Would he like to paypal me the difference.
No - he wouldn't like that. Snitty e mail "Oh go ahead and send it however you want but I think it's a bit off that it will take so long" (Auction description advises delivery time of 5 - 7 days via Hermes).
I shrug and thinking "whatevs" mailed him back saying sure, I'll do that, but if you feel that this won't be quick enough for you please do say so now and I'll do you a full refund and cancel the sale. Reasonable? I think so.
Another snitty mail - "I could have bought this from anywhere. I could have bought this from at least one other seller for £22 incl postage but decided to buy from you as you seemed (note the past tense) like an honest seller. Yeah, go on - send it by your slow service"

That's where we're up to. After that lot I have no confidence that a. he won't claim non-delivery and that b. he won't neg me whatever just because he's pissed that I wouldn't subsidise his postage. I want to cancel and refund and if he negs - well, he would have anyway.

WWYD?

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:03:04

Forgive my non-sensical title - I'm clearly somewhat overwrought! [cries]

DiscoDonkey Fri 17-May-13 16:03:48

Cancel the sale and take the negative feedback on the chin. One neg isn't going to ruin you. What a prat!

ShatnersBassoon Fri 17-May-13 16:06:26

I'd tell him to forget it. I think you're right that he's going to be an arse whatever you do, so at least have the satisfaction of inconveniencing him.

Assuming you have otherwise positive feedback, one nutter will stand out from the crown and won't affect you. Can you reply to negative feedback?

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:13:00

I have nearly 1500 positive feedback and am more than happy to take a neg without squealing. I'll respond to it calmly and factually - I'm not feeling hysterical at all about this - more of a quiet resignation to the inevitable. I'd rather just be done with the aggro now than play it out over another week!
Thanks for answers - I'm going to refund him!

peeriebear Fri 17-May-13 16:16:01

Just leave him the neutral feedback of "aggravating, cheapskate, entitled prick" smile

overprotection Fri 17-May-13 16:18:25

Forgive my non-sensical title

What about the nonsensical posting?

TheFallenNinja Fri 17-May-13 16:23:11

As a blanket rule I block anyone who asks questions or makes stupid offers.

As for grief I always just email them and tell them to fuck off. What's the worst eBay can do? They always side with the buyer whatever the case, at least if you lose you've told the to fuck off anyway.

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:23:52

Really overprotection? What use is your snippy comment to this discussion?

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:24:36

Yes Ninja - I should have blocked the fucker from the off. Lesson learned!

Anyway I've refunded him now and he's straight onto the blocked list!

Wuxiapian Fri 17-May-13 16:24:55

Sorry, but, I would have kept things friendly and sent it to him, anyway. You got £5 more than retail price, so hardly a loss for you and a happy buyer in the process.

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:27:39

You would wuxiapain? Really? You see - I wouldn't have made £5 profit would I? I've already handed over £2 in Ebay fees + more in Paypal fees and now I should wave goodbye to the rest of it by subsidising the postage of some entitled fuckwit because he's too tight to pay it or too stupid to read the auction description? Really?

overprotection Fri 17-May-13 16:27:50

Merely an observation that the sort of people who write appallingly formatted posts in appalling English usually seem to have more of these sorts of problems than everyone else. I suspect whatever your problem is it isn't as one-sided as you like to make out.

thistlelicker Fri 17-May-13 16:31:36

They buyer knew what delivery options were! If he wanted that altering he shud pay the difference!! Stand up ground op!

ShatnersBassoon Fri 17-May-13 16:32:33

overprotection, what exactly are you complaining about? The op is clear and makes sense.

fergoose Fri 17-May-13 16:32:43

I wouldn't be happy sending to a buyer like that without proof of delivery, postage costs aside. Either send MyHermes or don't send at all. Unfortunately they seem the type of buyer who would refuse a cancellation request and leave you with fvf to pay.

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:33:31

Ok overprotection. Thanks for your input. Not sure wtf it's got to do with anything but if it's made you feel better then that's just fine with me.

Thanks thistle - it's over. He's refunded and blocked. Moving swiftly on.......... smile

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:35:05

Yes fergoose - I've just sent the cancellation request. I'm fairly sure he won't agree with it but that's not the end of the world. Worth it for lesson learned (Ninja style) and the certain knowledge that my dealings with him are over.

Wuxiapian Fri 17-May-13 16:38:22

Yes, TEOMLW, I would have.

You put it on eBay to sell/get it out of your way! Now you have the faffery of resisting/waiting for auction ending and chancing that you may not receive bids equalling the same amount again.

As I said, it's hardly a great loss.

Wuxiapian Fri 17-May-13 16:39:52

*relisting, obviously.

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:40:20

Oh I'll get bids again wux. In fact, I'll sit on the item until Christmas and make three times the cost on it. He's done me a huge favour!

ENormaSnob Fri 17-May-13 16:41:57

Can't eBay remove unjustified negative feedback?

TheEndOfMyLastWit Fri 17-May-13 16:45:18

I'm not sure ENormaSnob. Would that have been unjustified? Yes, I suppose it would since he's making unreasonable demands. I've never had a neg so I don't know what the drill is if you get one that seems unfair.

OrlaKiely Fri 17-May-13 16:49:07

I think it may be wise to report him to ebay now, ie get in there first, so that they are already armed when he negs you.

Explain the sarcasm carefully as you'll get a response from a filipino call centre, probably, so the subtleties of his tone may not be evident to those for whom English isn't native.

OrlaKiely Fri 17-May-13 16:49:55

actually scratch that - ebay won't understand at all. I wouldn't contact them. You'll probably get told off for being a non performing seller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now